Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday Stroll

It was too pretty a day to stay inside. I just had to get out in it. So I put on my walking shoes, gathered my dogs, grabbed the camera and off I went.

This is a Bradford Pear tree. They are all over around here, as they were widely planted for the beautiful white flowers that come out each spring. Thanks to my allergy medication, I can finally enjoy them, too.

This is Rylea's first big girl walk with Mommy.

Sharp eyed readers--and those of you with a good memory--will notice which back leg is standing on. Yes, she is finally beginning to walk on the leg she had injured so badly last November. She still hops most of the time, but she is beginning to use the leg more and more.

This is my view as I look off to the West as I am walking.

I've always had a thing for rocks. It's a wonder I'm not a geologist. For as long as I can remember, I've loved rocks.

This one, when the sun hit it just right, seemed to glow with its own light from within.


I spent much of the rest of the day working on Cody's socks. I've gotten past the heel turn, and am about halfway through the gusset decreases. I also cast on a new scarf. I must be crazy knitting an entire scarf out of fingering weight yarn. No pictures yet. I've only done one pattern repeat, since my priority is getting Cody's socks done.

6 comments:

Inquiries said...

Great pictures Becky! Spring is a miserable allergy time. I read about Rylea's injury. Ouch! It sounds like what I did to my ankle. I tore all the ligaments in my ankle several years ago. It hurt. I had to wear a "boot" for six weeks.

Inquiries said...

P.S. I was also going to say that my grandmother likes rocks too. When we were moving her and my grandfather here I packed a box of rocks. It made me laugh. I kept thinking I must be really dumb I am packing a box of rocks.

Bag Blog said...

I think it is the kid within us that collects rocks. Sometimes, I have pockets full of rocks. I like the colors, the shapes, etc. I like to throw them or collect them - just like a kid.

Buck said...

I had to go out yesterday (for the first time in a few days) and was shocked to see Spring has sprung in P-Ville. We have trees on the north-bound main drag that look a LOT like your Bradford Pear, but I don't think they are. But they ARE in full-bloom. I should take a couple of pics.

Junk Diva said...

I love walks, and my 4 dogs love to go also. They have such a good time all thise new smells.

Lou: You just like to have rocks to throw!

Becky G said...

Thanks Ashley. I remember going to visit my Aunt when I was a tiny little girl and coming home with a bag of rocks that I'd gathered from the ditch across from her house.

Lou, it may be, or it may be an appreciation for the beauty that can be found in nature. I especially love the ones that seem to glow and glimmer.

Buck, yes you should! I'd love to see them.

Junk Diva, welcome to the blog.