Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Dallas Cowboys

hand Peyton Manning and his Indianapolis Colts their first loss of the season. This was a big game around here because, while I am a die hard Cowboy fan, I do like Peyton Manning, too.

Truth be told, I expected the Colts to run all over the Cowboys, but Dallas pulled it out 21-14. The thing is, yesterday when we bought the stockings, I didn't know they were playing each other today.

Cody presented quite a picture yesterday in Wal-mart. He had on a Mississippi State t-shirt and an LSU hat, and was carrying around a Colts stocking and a Cowboys stocking. One of the employees told Cody he needed a new outfit. He said that MS State lost to Arkansas, and LSU was going to lose to Ole Miss later that day. (They didn't, by the way). When we showed him the stockings, he said that the Colts stocking was ok, but I could keep the Dallas one. I told him that I would keep it, thank you very much. I wonder what that man is thinking now.

Some of you may think we are getting a bit carried away, but in our house, even Katie likes football:

In knitting news, I got my sister's scarf blocked and unpinned without any further input from the dog with muddy feet.


This is the staggered fern lace panel from 365 Knitting Stitches a Year Perpetual Calendar with a garter stitch border. What makes this scarf special to me is that I designed (sort of) and started it last summer while Carole was here for my black belt test.


And finally, I bring you the recipe of the day:


Broccoli Casserole
1 cup uncooked rice
1 stick butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 pkg frozen chopped broccoli (thawed)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz Cheez Whiz
Cook rice and set aside. Saute onions and celery in butter. In a casserole dish, mix all ingredients together and cook at 350 for 20-30 minutes.
*
*
*


3 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I understand your feeling about the Cowboys. I loved the days of Landry. Although I am not the fan I use to be, I still have to pull for them now and then. Jesse likes Peyton Manning too :)

Buck said...

It's a rare occasion that I watch football on Sundays. I can't even name all the teams in the NFL.

But, in keeping with your "aged" theme...Johnny Unitas was one of my heroes when I was a boy. :-)

Becky G said...

Buck, I can't name all the NFL teams any more. They've added so many here recently, I can't keep up with them all. Though I don't remember Johnny Unitas, I do remember when the season was only 10 games long, and you had to know the hand signals to know what the penalties and stuff were. Some of the refs don't even use the signals any more.

Lou, I'll bet Jesse likes Peyton Manning for a different reasong than I do. I've never really been one for being boy crazy.

When I was in 7th grade, some girls were discussing pro quarterbacks. They were talking about Joe Montanta, Danny White, and the like. One of them turned to me and asked me who my favorite QB was. I replied, "Roger Staubach."

"Ewww! How can you like that old ugly guy????"

"Ummm, he's a good quarterback."

"Oh, who cares about that?"

Boy was I out of the loop...