Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Not Just Yet

I was ready to get up this morning and type up a post entitled Summer Already. It was 70' when I woke up. It was still raining pretty hard, too. We escaped the worst of the storms, as they passed well to the North of us. But we did get some pretty hard rain. I know some of you out West wish you had some of our rain, and I wish I could send it to you. My yard is a sodden mess. In Texas, we described this kind of mud as "Too thick to drink, too thin to plow." And the humidity!

BUT....by the time I got home from work, the temperature had dropped 20' and is right now sitting at 50, and expected to drop even lower. So it's not summer after all. Not just yet.

But it makes for great knitting weather. I'm almost done with Cody's second sock. Just under 2" of foot to go before I start the toe decreases. I got another DVD of Magnum P.I. from Netflix yesterday, and spent the afternoon watching and knitting. In this second season of shows, it seems like in every single show some lucky woman gets to kiss him. Ya wanna talk about some hot kisses...now those are some hot kisses. I kind of feel sorry for the girls of today. I don't know who the current heart throb is, but I got to grow up drooling over Tom Selleck. Leonardo, Brad, Ashton, you name him... he pales in comparison.

And you know I love my Tony, but as much as I hate to say it, even he can't hold a candle to Tom.

Incidentally, I was over at Yahoo Sports Football page catching up on the free agency news. As I scrolled down the page, I saw the tiny little thumbnail pictures they have over to the left. I mean, these things are like an inch square. I was without my glasses to boot, which means I'm blind as a bat. Anyway, one of these microscopic photos caught my eye, and for some reason I zeroed in on it like a duck on a june bug. I click to enlarge it, and low and behold....

DALLAS - MARCH 18: Tony Romo of the Dallas Cowboys looks on as the Dallas Mavericks play against the Los Angeles Lakers on March 18, 2008 at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas.

Mandatory Copyright Notice: Copyright 2008 NBAE (Photo by Glenn James/NBAE via Getty Images)



And now, back to reality...

Rylea is in heat. I'd thought she was in heat once before. Her *ahem* was kind of swollen and pinkish, but this time she is..uh...dribbling...uh, you know. If you've ever had a female dog who's come into heat, you know what I'm talking about. I've already called the vet, and I'm taking her in tomorrow.

For your Photo Of The Day...not Tom Selleck I'm sorry to say. Feeding a hippo at the Memphis Zoo.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Is that Jessica I see sitting behind "Your Future Husband"? You've got to do something about that girl...give her a karate chop!

Inquiries said...

Leonardo, brad and Ashton are icky pretty boys. I want a man who spends less time primping than I do. ;)

Becky G said...

Robin, somebody needs to do something about her! I'd heard rumors that they'd broken up. One source said it was because he found her to be too needy, and another source said because she wanted him to move to L.A. and he wouldn't do it. That would be quite the commute. Then I heard another rumor that close friends are speculating that they will be getting married, and that he will stick with her no matter how much she cheats on him. If he does marry her, he's not nearly as intelligent as I though he was. He needs to find someone with stuff between her ears, not just between her legs.

Ashley, they never impressed me much either. So who is the current heart throb these days? I don't even know. When you have Tom Selleck, what does it matter anyway?