Sunday, March 09, 2008

Knitting and Spinning, and Stashalonging

Now that it is nearly mid-March, I figured I ought to do my February Stashalong update. I had a pretty productive month, finishing 8 projects. Here they are:

Clapotis:

Calorimetry:


Pinwheel Hat:


A Headband:



Roundabout Socks:

And three dishcloths:




This brings my total for the two months to 300 yards of wool/acrylic blend, 950 yds acrylic, three balls of dishcloth cotton, two pairs worth of sock yarn, and approximately 200 yds of fingering weight wool. I did buy yarn in January to make Cody's hat, but I've already used it up. All of it.

I'm afraid March isn't going to be nearly as productive, as I haven't finished a project yet! Well, I take that back. I did make a quick headband out of some leftover yarn.

IMG_0453

But that's it.

Today was spent knitting on Cody's socks. The first one is done, and the second cast on.

IMG_0600

IMG_0601

Friday I ordered myself a Spindolyn. In anticipation of its arrival, I went deep into the recess of my closet and got out my roving. Years ago, when I first started spinning, I'd bought a pound of undyed roving. I had a little bit of it left, so I got it out to dye it. In doing so, I found this partially spun bit that I'd started about 4 years ago and had forgotten about.

IMG_0602

I dyed this with onion skins. I love the way this color turned out. I have about three ounces total of this color. Yes, that is a home made spindle. I made it from Sculpey clay and a dowel rod. Sharp eyed readers may notice the bit of duct tape holding the whorl in place on the shaft.

That's why they call it the handyman's secret weapon.

P.S. Blogger was being a butt today and wouldn't let me upload my pictures. The first ones were cut and pasted from the Stashalong site, and the last three were linked from Flickr.

5 comments:

Robin said...

WOW...you've been busy!

Inquiries said...

Wow that is A LOT of yarn! Wow.

Becky G said...

Robin, if I were that productive every month, my stash would be gone in no time!

Ashley, can you believe, that is only a fraction of the yarn I own? I still have a closet full!

Inquiries said...

Oh my gosh! I have a friend who is like that about fabric. You may have seen her comment on my blog and Lou's blog. Junk Diva. I don't think she has actually posted yet. But when she does it will be very interesting. Every one had their hobbies and all the stuff that goes along with those hobbies. I have a lot of art supplies. I like to see you knitting it amazes me. You do such a good job.

Opal said...

Yay! Spinning! And wow! You got a *lot* done in February.