Monday, November 28, 2005

Silver Bells, Silver Bells


It's Christmas time in the city.
Ring a ling, hear them ring.
Soon it will be Christmas Day.

That was one of my dad's favorite Christmas song. When I was a child, we had a family carol sing, where we all stood around the piano and sang Christmas carols. This is the only song that stands out in my memory.

I do remember one year--the year I was 11. I had started piano lessons that September, so Dad decided that I was going to be the one to accompany the family on the piano. Now, after only three months of lessons, I wasn't ready to accompany anyone on anything. I kept messing up, and my brother kept huffing at me until I finally ran out of the house in tears. That is the last year I ever participated in the family carol sing.

Have you ever been in an acorn shower? A couple of days ago, I was hanging out laundry and acorns by the hundreds suddenly started dropping from the tree. There was no wind, yet they were falling like rain. Then as suddenly as it started, it stopped.

Here is another recipe:

The Best Hot Chocolate Mix Ever

2 cups sugar

1 cup cocoa

2 tbsp vanilla

1/4 tsp salt

Mix sugar and vanilla until well blended. Add cocoa and salt and mix well. Store in an airtight container. Use 3 tbsp mix with 8 oz hot milk.

And to enjoy your hot chocolate while getting into the Christmas Spirit, this is the funnest Christmas site I have ever found: www.northpole.com Enjoy!

No comments: