Saturday, March 08, 2008

Saturday Sky and Snow

It was a beautiful, cloudless blue this morning, so I put some branches into the picture so it wouldn't be so boring. But wait, what is that white stuff on them? Could that be? Why, yes it is!

We actually did get some snow!

The daffodils that were so cheery last week hung their heads under the weight of it.

But by mid afternoon, the snow had all melted, and they were perked up once again.

I had some visitors. The left their prints on my front steps. I must not have heard them knocking.


This one is Katie. She has seen snow before, so she didn't hesitate to bound out the door.

Rylea, on the other hand, wasn't too sure what this white stuff was, but after those first few tentative steps, she really seemed to enjoy herself.

Funny how a snowfall can make kids of us all. I wish I could say the same for the plants.




Crikey! What do we have here? It appears to be a blue knit scarf in its natural habitat!


What a beauty!

Yeah, yeah, I know. To some of you, this little bit of snow is no big deal. Some of you even responded to yesterday's forecast with derision and scorn. But it's because we do get so little of it, that any snow at all is cause for excitement.

I, for one, hope that I never lose my childlike wonder at the beauty of the world around me.

6 comments:

Robin said...

Snow is always SO beautiful & peaceful!

Opal said...

Can you imagine the excitement if it snowed in my neighborhood? I mean sure the peaks of dormant volcanoes get it because of their elevation, but down where most people live it's unheard of.

Still lovin' your pictures!

Inquiries said...

Looks like you had fun with the snow and your new camera.

Buck said...

Great pics, Becky...especially the macro shots.

Snow IS pretty. On the weekends (as noted here) and in small quantities...preferably when it gets gone within 24 hours. Otherwise? Not so much.

YMMV, of course.

Becky G said...

Robin, I agree. I love snow, as long as I don't have to get out and drive in it.

Opal, that would be something if it snowed in Hawai'i!

Ashely, thanks, I did have fun!

Buck, I've never really lived where it snowed a lot, so I never got the chance to be tired of it. I did spend one winter at Great Lakes Naval Training Center, but I don't recall that I ever got tired of the snow. I guess the people who live up north feel the same way about snow as I do about the oppressive heat and humidity of a Southern Summer. Gosh, I'm dreading summer already.

SJ said...

I love these photos. Beautiful!