Friday, March 28, 2008

Jumping On The Bandwagon

This meme has been going around for a while, and I figured it was time for me to jump on in. Here are the rules:

1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. Looking them up is cheating, please don’t.

Got it? Here's my quotes:

1. Don't leave me here alone. Don't go where I can't follow.

2. They don't belong to the state they belong to ME! When they were babies I never saw the state comin' around here with a spare tit! Shenandoah--Robin

3. It's the world, dear. Did you expect it to be small?

4. My sons were better men. The Patriot--Robin

5. You mistake me, my dear. I have the utmost respect for your nerves. They've been my constant companion these twenty years. Pride and Prejudice--Tiffany

6. This is no time to talk about time. We don't have the time!

7. There's way too much estrogen on television these days.

8. No buts about it... I'm dealing with enough butts as it is.

9. I don't know where we're goin', but there's no sense bein' late.

10. The dead remember our indifference. The dead remember our silence.

No prizes this time, it's just for fun.

In other news, I saw Sensei in the court house today when I went to pay my taxes on the house. He said they'd called him last night and he will be testing for his go-dan tomorrow! That's 5th degree black belt for those of you not up on your Japanese terminology. I promptly went to the store and bought three blank video tapes to film the test, and now I've got camera batteries charging everywhere. I'm taking the new camera, but I'm also taking the point and shoot because it does movies. Maybe if sensei doesn't mind, I can post a video of him doing a kata.

So I was on my way to town to pay my taxes and do my grocery shopping when I saw a medium sized speckled king snake in the road. I could have kicked myself for not grabbing my P&S on the way out the door. I actually reached for it, but then didn't pick it up. My first wild snake spotting of the year, and I'm camera-less. I slammed on my brakes, got out of Jimmy and ran back and shooed the snake off of the road so it wouldn't get squished. The neighbor was looking at me as if I were a bit odd, but no--I'm 80% normal. (Ya have to read the comments to get it.) He doesn't have much of a right to talk. He was out there burning his momma's yard.

Baudelaire is coming along nicely, as long as I don't let my mind wander too much. The pattern isn't that difficult, but for some reason I keep having problems with the first decrease/yarn over row. One of the holes in the lace pattern always seems to come out grotesquely large. I think I've figured out what I am doing wrong, so hopefully I can truck along rather quickly now.


Today's Photo:


Fig Leaf budding. My back yard. Today.

12 comments:

Opal said...

Baudelaire is lovely in red!

Robin said...

I can't remember who said it but #3 is from Shenandoah (hubby's favorite movie)

Beautiful sock!!

Robin said...

That should be #2!!

Robin said...

Oh...and #4 is from The Patriot-Benjamin Martin said it!

Buck said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Becky. Nice pic, too. Spring has Sprung here...finally. But my cherry tree isn't blooming yet, and I fear it's not gonna bloom at all this year. {sigh}

mornin'lady said...

Hey Becky, I'd have shooed the snake too, I'd rather have snakes around anyday than mice who show up dead in your shoe ;) and nice picture of that cute little bud, I'm trying to be patient with mine,just can't wait for all the green!!

Tiffany said...

Ooh, #5 is Pride & Prejudice. The more people quote this movie, the more I feel the need to watch it again. :)

Bag Blog said...

I love the bud photo. As for the snake, I'm just glad you did not pick it up and take it home - knowing your love for snakes and strays.

Becky G said...

Opal, you're right. As soon as I saw the pattern, I knew it had to have red yarn.

Robin, that was Jimmy Stewart's character that said it.

Buck, anytime.

Dawn, too true! If it weren't for snakes, we'd be up to our armpits in the little rodents in no time!

Tiffany, it's a good one to be sure!

Lou, I wouldn't remove a snake from its natural habitat. Not when there are so many captive bred ones available.

Inquiries said...

I have heard # 1 but i can not place it. I am guessing Little Woman. Jo said something like that to Beth. ( I don't think I am right)

Becky G said...

Sorry, Ashley, that isn't correct. I know the scene you are thinking of, though. I believe what Jo said was, "I won't let you go."

Anonymous said...

"This is no time to talk about time. We don't have the time!" - Marina Sirtis as Counselor Troi in the bar scene from "Star Trek - First Contact".