Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Top Ten

Copied from Robin, who copied it from Carole, here is my list of Top Ten Things I Like About Spring:

1. Flowers--any and all kinds, but especially the daffodils.

Daffodil

2. Allegra--it makes the flowers bearable

3. New Life--watching the trees bud and leaf out; watching the grass turn green again; baby birds, rabbits, fawns, calves.

4. Football--Huh? Football in the spring? Sure. There's lots going on in the spring. Free agency, contract negotiations, the draft. I love it. Every bit of it.

5. Cold nights and warm days

6. Wearing shorts and going barefoot--well, I do that all year round, but when spring gets here, I don't get the strange looks.

7. Taking long walks--soon it will be too hot to walk anywhere without feeling like I'm going to melt.

8. Opening the windows--Yeah, I do that in the fall and winter, too, but there's just something different about spring. A freshness that isn't there any other time of year.

9. Falling in love--ok, ok, I haven't actually done that in a while, but there's just something about spring that seems to bring it out in me.

10. Easter--"Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, for he is risen!"

There you have it, my top ten list. I know some of you were sure I was going add to my list that our favorite quarterback's birthday is in the spring (April 21), but I didn't.


That doesn't mean I didn't think about it.

5 comments:

Opal said...

I was *really* surprised the Cowboys weren't on that list, but then I realized it's only for April. :-)

Becky G said...

Well, for Spring anyway. If it were my top ten list for Fall, they would definitely be there, along with the start of football season.

Bag Blog said...

I love opening the windows - day and night. When I was little, I can remember asking my mom "if it were time to go barefoot yet" as the weather got warmer.

Robin said...

EXCELLENT!!!

Becky G said...

Lou, my mom wasn't too keen on us going barefoot, but we looked forward to the day when we could wear our shoes without socks! As I got older, though, I went barefoot anyway. I still do.

Robin, thanks.