Sunday, December 02, 2007

Bits And Pieces of a Sunday Afternoon

Blog buddy Robin has a picture of her Christmas tree up on her blog. I was looking at it and noticed something that looked familiar. I enlarged the picture, and sure enough there it was, right in the middle of the tree. We both have the exact same Nativity ornament! How weird is that?



I finished another chemo cap for my KAL, and started a new one. That's all the knitting I've done lately. It is time for a WIP update, though.


So here it is, my bi-weekly WIP update:

1. Garter Rib socks. No progress since last time.


2. A Garter stitch scarf. No progress since last time.

3. Cody's Texas Longhorns scarf. Cody didn't like the way the scarf was turning out, so I completely ripped it and started over.


4. Two toe-up socks on magic loop. DONE!!


5. Branching Out lace scarf. No progress since last time.


6. Tidal Wave Socks. The yarn is TOFUtsies color 733. No progress--it's getting to be a common refrain, isn't it?

In my defense, let me say that most of my knitting time has been taken up with the Chemo Cap KAL. I've gotten 4 caps complete, and a 5th started. I'll get back to my regularly scheduled knitting soon.

Now, about Rylea. She didn't get to come home after all. I called the vet back yesterday, and actually talked to the vet this time instead of the receptionist. He said that Rylea's back right ankle joint is completely luxated. Or something like that. What it means is that all the ligaments were torn. They are hoping enough scar tissue will form to give the joint some stability, though it will never be "right" again. Worst case scenario is that they have to amputate the leg, which will be the absolute last resort. That being said, they wanted to keep her there a few more days to make sure she doesn't try to get too active and mess the joint up even further. Hopefully, she will heal enough and be able to adapt to having a slightly stiff ankle joint.

Thank you for sending your thoughts and prayers her way. She sure needs them.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Last things first...You guys are in my thoughts and prayers!

Love my Nativity ornament, I believe we've had them about the same amount of time!

Nice projects...I've gotta get going or I'm going to be giving promises for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Nice Nativity ornament, both of them.