Monday, March 10, 2008

Weapons Class

Black belt class was a weapons class tonight. We started off going over the bo basics, which we don't do very often. They are pretty easy, though. Every one of them can be found in Tokumine no Kun. Let me see if I can remember them all:

1. Pool Strike
2. Front Thrust
3. Front/Rear Thrust
4. Up/Down Strike
5. Side/Side Strike
6. C Block
7. 45' Angle Block
8. Helicopter Spin

Those are the 8 that we call the basics. Sometimes sensei will include what he calls "The Combination," which is the 45" angle block, followed by the up/down strike and the side/side strike. Yeah, I know those are real original names, but that's what we call them.

After we did basics, we worked on Tokumine no Kun for a bit, including the bunkai. Then Josh and I worked on Urashi bo, while sensei worked with Mrs. W on learning Urashi Bo.

Finally, we finished off the class by going over Kusanku Sai. I know all the moves of Kusanku Sai; my problem is making it look like the sai is a weapon I am comfortable with. Once class was over, I went over it again, and ran through Agena no Sai (Kyan no sai) for good measure.

In other news, I'm having trouble once again getting my new Camera to upload to my computer. I've moved the cable to every USB port I have and it still won't work. I have a hard time believing every single USB port on my computer is bad, especially when other devices (Kodak camera) work in them. I've e-mailed Canon about the problem. I hope to get an answer soon.

Another thing I might try is to re-install my software, but I don't have time to fool with that tonight.

This is what I did yesterday:

No, I didn't disembowel a cow. I dyed roving. That color is almost true to life. The actual stuff is just a shade lighter than the picture shows. I can't wait for my Spindolyn to arrive! In the meantime, I'm still knitting on Cody's other sock, and spinning the onion skin roving on my drop spindle.

The time change has me all messed up. Even though it is past my bedtime, it still seems too early to go to bed. I'm going to go try to lay down anyway.

I think I'll take the sock with me. Just in case...

7 comments:

Inquiries said...

Looks like you have tons of fun ahead of you! When you try to up load you pictures are there error messages? Or does the computer just not respond? Have you tied different cords?

Bag Blog said...

"Disembowed Cow" is what I thought at first :) I like the color. I like the time change, but the days seem to have gotten busier, too.

Opal said...

I love the color of that roving! And I think calling it "Disemboweled Cow" would be the way to go. ;-)

Buck said...

The time change has me all messed up.

You are not the ONLY one, Becky. I'm totally disoriented. (Much more so than is usual, I should add.)

Becky G said...

Ashley, there is no error message. The program window opens, but the little button thing that starts my pictures downloading is not clickable. It's not every time. Sometimes I get it to work, but I don't know what is different about when it works and when it doesn't. I don't have another cord. I've e-mailed Canon, but they have responded with the standard "we're assuming you're an idiot so turn the camera on" type of response.

Lou, great minds think alike!

Opal, done! The color is now officially Disemboweled Cow. I can't wait to start knitting a lace shawl with it. I'll call it my Disemboweled Cow Shawl!

Buck, glad to know I'm not alone! Like right now, it's way past my bedtime, but it doesn't feel like time to go to bed yet. I guess I'll go anyway. If I can't sleep, at least I can rest a bit.

Inquiries said...

I had trouble getting my pictures from my canon to download to my computer too.That is why I asked. I did not know that you had to have the camera in the "playback" mode to download the pictures.

SJ said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. Gabe has had some trouble gaining weight so we were happy when he finally passed eight pounds!

Your roving is beautiful. I love the color.