Saturday, March 01, 2008

Frustration

I'm having trouble getting my new camera to download to my computer. I'm sure it's my crappy computer that's at fault. It just hasn't been right since it's accident almost a year ago.

I blame Dell.


I recently re-installed Cody's OS on his computer. I went to the Hewlett-Packard website and ordered replacement discs, because Cody'd lost the ones that came with it. They sent the discs, we installed them, and now his computer runs like a brand new one.

I did the same thing with my Dell last year, and the discs they sent me didn't have all the drivers and such I needed. I was supposed to go online and download those. Well, having a nerd score of only 4, I didn't know which ones I needed. I probably downloaded a bunch I have no use for, and have missed a couple of critical ones.

Now, here lately, my CD-ROM drive isn't reading the discs I put into it. It'll say there's no disc in the drive. I've got to figure out what's causing that, too. It's the exact same thing my first Dell computer did when it reached three years of age. I think they program them that way so you'll have to buy another one.

So bear with me gentle reader, as I figure out the frustrating world of geekdom.

Zoo pictures coming soon...

2 comments:

Buck said...

Ah...computers. Can't live with 'em, can't afford to beat them into tiny lil pieces with the nearest heavy object that falls to hand...

I sympathize, Becky. Been there, got a lot of those tee shirts...

Inquiries said...

I am a Mac girl. The are more efficient and smarter. If anything goes wrong with it you contact Apple and the will fix it ASAP. I have had mine for over a year with no problems.