Thursday, March 13, 2008

Triumph, Tragedy, and Grazing Sheep

So I was getting ready to go to karate class, and I couldn't find my obi. I looked all over for it, but it was nowhere to be found. No problem, I thought. I'll just take my spare. Only I couldn't find it either. I hadn't worn it since before we moved, so it was still packed up. I eventually did find it, but by then it was too late to make it to class. So we didn't go.

The good news is, in my frantic searchings, I found more roving! The is some more that I'd forgotten I had. I dyed this with Berry Blue flavored Kool-Aid. I left the label in the bag for just such an occasion.


Now another minor tragedy. The nearest yarn shop, even though it is 85 miles away, is closing at the end of the month. She will still have an online store, but heck, that doesn't do me any good. There are lots of online shops, but no where I can go and see yarn in person. Not without having to drive 100 miles anyway.

I guess that's how the cookie crumbles. Or maybe I should say that's how the yarn tangles.

Someone on Ravelry mentioned that the song Sheep May Safely Graze was played in part in the movie Shrek the Third. So guess what I did. I added the movie to my Netflix queue and watched it just to hear that song. So what's the significance of that? Well, it just happens that it is the theme song for David Reidy's podcast, Sticks and String.

Does that make me a dork, or what?

The contest is almost ready. If only I could get the pictures of the prize to download from my camera...

3 comments:

Inquiries said...

You died the roving with Kool-aid. COOL!

Jessica said...

Geez... I'd freek out if I was that far from a real yarn store. That sucks. :( Love the dye job on the roving!

Becky G said...

Ashely, yes, Kool Aid and other similar drink mixes make wonderful dyes. In the long run, they are not cheap, but they are easily available and perfectly safe, unlike some chemical dyes.

Jessica, freaking out is what I'm doing! Thanks--for the sympathy and the compliment.