Saturday, March 22, 2008

Saturday Strangeness

Ok, there really isn't anything strange about it, but--well, you'll know why I chose that title in a minute. But first, your Saturday Sky photo.

Those are pear blossoms. Not Bradford Pear, but the kind that actually bears fruit that you can eat. We haven't had any pears in a few years. J says it's because it's been so dry. That is probably part of it, but I think also that he hasn't pruned them since they've moved into their house some 15 years ago. They also have a bunch of plum trees that don't bear fruit any more. (Yesterday's photo was a plum blossom.) He hasn't pruned them either. His idea of pruning is to cut the tree down to the ground and let it grow back from scratch. I keep saying I'm going to get out there and prune them, but I never think about it when it's time to do so.

After finishing Cody's socks, I picked back up this charity scarf that I'd started a month ago. It's mindless knitting, and I've gotten quite a bit done these last couple of days. It won't take long to finish.

I also started a new pair of socks for me. The pattern is Baudelaire, and the yarn is Knitpicks Essential in Burgundy. It is darker than it appears in the photo.

And I finally got to try out my Spindolyn. The biggest thing for me is not having that tension on the fiber as I spin it the way I would with a drop spindle. Also, mine doesn't appear to spin as well as the one in the video on the site. The instructions say that a drop of machine oil will help that, but I don't have any and forgot to get some when I shopped yesterday. So I"ll just plug along until I can get to the store.

Rylea is back from the vet, safe and sound--other than having had major surgery, that is. She is not happy about having to stay on the leash, either, but must be done. You know, I never intended to breed her, so getting her spayed was a necessity. Still, when I brought her home, I felt just a little bit of sadness that she would never have puppies.

Now for the strangeness...Some of you remember last fall when Cody said I take some strange and ironic photos. Well, here's another one:


It's an old metal wheel. I have no idea what it went to. It's been sitting out in the back yard for months now.

This one will be going on the wall.

7 comments:

Opal said...

Beautiful photos! Beautiful knitting! Coming to your blog is always such a treat to the eyes. :)

Silverstar said...

Beautiful sky photo and I like the old wheel one too.:)
It is sad to spay or neuter our pets, but ultimately its for the best, as you know. (Now if only we could do that with certain people, *joking*)

Buck said...

Happy Easter, Becky!

More great pics... as usual! Thanks for these.

Bag Blog said...

I love the photos!

Inquiries said...

Great pictures Becky.

frotoe said...

I think the next thing I want to try is spinning. That looks like its right up my alley.

Becky G said...

Thank you everyone.

Frotoe, spinning is great! I have the site to order a Spindolyn linked in a previous post. I'm really liking mine so far.