Wednesday, March 26, 2008

March Knitting Update

At this point, it doesn't look like I'm going to get anything else finished before the end of the month, so I'll go ahead and post my update. I got three projects done in March. The first one was this headband. It is a simple K2P2 rib knit with remnants of yarn left over from another project.

The big project for the month was Cody's socks. They seemed to take forever!

The pattern is K2P2 rib with a plain stockinette foot. They used 2 50g balls of Knitpicks Essential sock yarn.

Finally, just tonight I finished this scarf for charity. The pattern is simple garter stitch, and the yarn is Moda Dea Tutu in Pear Green. This scarf took 2 50g balls.

My totals for March are 100g of sock yarn, and 100g of novelty yarn.

I've knit a bit more on my Baudelaire socks, but haven't taken a picture of them. These are only my second attempt at toe up socks, and I'm not so sure I like this technique. The toes are too pointy for me.

I do have a picture of my Trekking is for Necking scarf. I can't believe I'm knitting an entire scarf out of sock yarn! The pattern is pretty simple, so I suspect this will be the one I turn to for mindless knitting. On the other hand, I do still have some more novelty yarn that I will use for charity scarves. Garter stitch is pretty mindless, too.


The color is a little washed out due to the flash. It took a pic without the flash and it looked too orangey. I suppose I could fiddle with the white balance, but I'm too lazy tonight.

Cody and I worked in the yard yesterday, so I've gotten behind on my blog reading. Don't worry, I've read yours. It's the ones I read that never reciprocate that tend to get skipped in these situations. I'll get caught up soon. But tonight, I'm going to bed early.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You've definitely been busy! I think knitting with the sock yarn will be good, but it's going to take a LOOOOONG time, for sure. It looks like a good start though!

Inquiries said...

I did not know that there were different kinds of yarn. Tell you what I know!

Bag Blog said...

How big are Cody's feet these days? Does it take extra time to knit extra big socks? I like the Moda Dea Tutu in Pear Green scarf. Did I ever tell you that there was the coolest little yarn shop in Taos, NM. I did not knit, but I would go in and just drool over the yarn. There was a soft fuzzy yarn that would have made a nice shawl - if I only knitted.

Junk Diva said...

You do beautiful work. I never learned to knit, wish I had. I enjoy having something to do with my hands when I sitting around of an evening. Embroidery is my favorite.

Becky G said...

Dani, yep, I think it will take a long time. That's good in a way. I know I will always have a standby project going.

Ashley, there are more kinds of yarn than you can imagine! There is even yarn made from bamboo, corn, crab shells, and soybeans. Truly. There is.

Lou, Cody wears a size 12 shoe. Yes it takes longer to make bigger socks because they require more stitches. You didn't tell me about the yarn shop in Taos. The closest one to me is now nearly 100 miles away.

Diva, it's not too late. You can still learn to knit if you want to. So can Lou. I'm like you. I can't just sit and watch TV. I have to have something to keep my hands busy.

Opal said...

Cody wears a size 12 shoe?! You deserve an award for knitting him a pair of socks in fingering weight. Yowzahs!

Becky G said...

Opal, yes he does. And he's only 14. I hate to say it, but he might not get any socks when he's finally grown!

An award? Can I have Tony?