Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Memphis Zoo Pt III

This'll be the last of the major zoo posts. I still have quite a few pictures, and I may throw one out there every now and again, when I can't think of anything to blog about. But for the most part, this is it.

Baby giraffe and its family

Flamingos

Tigers

Tigers, including a rare white one

This little bonobo ape was in an exhibit all by itself. It looked so sad.

African Rock penguin

Ya-Ya, a female giant panda--one of only 11 in the United States. We are lucky to have two of them in the Memphis Zoo.

Cinnamon Phase Black Bear

The polar bears are as curious as the people are.


Buck, I didn't get a good picture of the lion. He kept his back to me the whole time, and the female was back nearly out of sight.

I hope you've enjoyed this little trip down Memphis Zoo lane. We renewed our membership while we were there, so I hope to bring you more of these in the future.

Now, I'm off to price telephoto lenses...

5 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I think the polar bear photo is my favorite.

Buck said...

If it weren't for all the feathers on the ground I'd swear those flamingos were lawn ornaments... ;-)

I think the polar bears see "food" and are probably upset they can't get to it...

Opal said...

I just love that shot of the polar bear underwater.

Inquiries said...

I like the tigers and the polar bear. Great pictures Becky

Becky G said...

Thank you for the kind words. The polar bear shot is my favorite, too. It was sheer, dumb luck that I got it just so. Sometimes, though, that's how the best pictures are made.

Buck, they might have been lawn ornaments for all that they moved!