Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Bigfoot Socks

otherwise known as the socks from ****, are finished! Finally. I tell you something, if I ever get married again, whoever he is had better have tiny feet!

They haven't been washed and blocked yet, but Cody just had to try them on.

"I'm trying to make the socks smile," he says.

More good news: my spindolyn finally arrived. I haven't had the chance to try it out yet, but hope to get to this weekend.


Rylea is safely ensconced at the vet's office awaiting her surgery, which will take place first thing in the morning. I mentioned to a co-worker that I was taking her to get her spayed, and she asked me which vet I was taking her to. I told her and she said, "He's high! You ought to take her to Dr. So-and So in [two towns down the road--about a 30 minute drive]." When I replied that it probably wouldn't be worth the added cost in gas to save a few dollars, she said, "Oh, it'll be more than just a few dollars!" I asked her how much he charges for a spay, and she replied that she didn't know. I'm thinking that if you don't know how much he charges, how do you know he'll be cheaper. She then told me that she had taken her dog to Dr. [my vet] and he charged her two hundred and sixty seven dollars to treat the dog for "Rocky Mountain Spotted Tick Fever", plus getting all his shots. That actually sounds pretty reasonable to me. She said, "I guess it's not so much the money, but he didn't even give me the choice whether I wanted to put the dog to sleep or not." Well, that's wrong, too because you always have the choice. You just have to make it.


I don't know what bee got into sensei's bonnet, but he worked the bajeebers out of us in class this evening. At break time, I told him, "I know I said I wanted to get back into shape, but I didn't mean all at once!"

"Oh," he replied, feigning innocence.



I think I'll go browse Ravelry sock patterns, then head for bed. The kids are out of school tomorrow, but I still have to work.

Cody finds that incredibly amusing. I don't.

3 comments:

Inquiries said...

Cody's socks look great. He does have big feet!

Bag Blog said...

Nice socks! I like my vet because she loves animals and yet is very practial.

Becky G said...

Thanks, Ashley. Yes, he does have big feet. He wears a size 12 show, and he's only 14 years old. But then, he was born with big feet. His very first pair of shoes were an infants size 3. I got lots of baby booties, but he couldn't wear any of them. I had to start him off in toddler socks.

Lou, thank you. I like my vet, too. He is very good. Besides, I think that for a full set of annual vaccinations, PLUS treating the dog for what would otherwise be a fatal disease, that price was reasonable.