Friday, March 14, 2008

All Spun Up

One spindle full at least.

This is the roving I dyed with onion skins. I have another bit of roving to spin up, then I will ply it with this one and I'll have yarn!

I got a notice that my Spindolyn shipped today! Whoo Hoo! I can't wait. I found some old roving that I'd dyed with Easter Egg dye. It turned out to be a rather pukish looking yellow-green. I'm thinking I want to overdye it in blue and see what comes of it. I think I may do that tomorrow. Anyway, where I'm going with this is that I will use that roving to learn how to use my Spindolyn. That way, if I mess it up, I won't feel too badly.

I finally got my camera to download to my computer, so the contest will be up sometime this weekend.

4 comments:

Inquiries said...

You have been busy! You are keeping us in suspense over the contest.

Becky G said...

The contest is up now! Good luck and happy guessing.

Opal said...

I can't wait to see the finished yarn! Such suspense!

Becky G said...

Opal, sorry to keep you in suspense, but finishing Cody's socks is my top priority. If only he didn't have such monstrous feet. He's 14 years old and wears a size 12 shoe. Sigh...