Saturday, April 14, 2007

Augggh!

The storm and subsequent power failure last night put the whammy on my computer. I lost everything. Dudes, I don't even have sound any more! I managed to reinstall Windows from my backup disc, but while trying to reinstall everything, I discovered that when I bought my computer a couple of years ago, Dell lovingly didn't send my backups for everything I'd had them install on it. They didn't even send me the antivirus program backup! Needless to say, I'm not too happy with them right now.

I can't even get online. When I tried to reinstall my DSL software, it said I didn't have an Ethernet card. I know there was one on there before.

I'm posting from Cody's computer right now. But until I get things fixed, posting will be scarce.

Now, where did I put my digital camera software....

3 comments:

Sus said...

I'm so sorry! I think we've all been there and we know just what a pain in the @$$ computers can be. Why do we rely on them so much again? ;)

Hope you're able to get it all straightened out soon.

Buck said...

Sad news, indeed. I hope things turn out well for you, Becky.

Becky G said...

Thanks, to both of you. I know of someone who can get it up and running again, but what I don't know is if he can find all my "stuff". Well, if he can't, there's nothing lost that will make a difference in the vast eternal scheme of things.