Friday, December 21, 2007

I've Been Busy

This post will have lots of pictures. If you are dial-up, you have my sincerest apologies.

B and J are going to Texas for Christmas, and since J has to work nights the rest of this weekend, we decided to have our family get together last night.

They ate first, but Cody and I skipped that part because we were at the dojo party. By the time we got there, Brittani was ready to open presents.

"Please, can we open presents now?" she asked her Peepaw.

We gathered around the tree

and Cody and J began handing out presents

while Dennise, Shelbi, and Tammy anxiously waited.

Soon, it was time, and J went first. "Open this one," Cody said. I told him that Cody had picked it out. "Should I be worried?" J asked. But there was no need. He was thrilled with his gift.

J has always been a big Archie Manning fan, so when Cody spotted this card, he knew J would like it. He was also tickled with this hat I knitted in LSU colors.
The hat was a bit big, but he didn't mind. "One day," I told him, "I'm going to measure your head and make you a hat that actually fits."

Next was B's turn. "Oh, wow!" she exclaimed as she opened her Fetchings. "These are great.

Because my hands will stay sort of warm, and I can still hold on to the steering wheel."

Dennise

and Tammy

both loved their washcloths, and the little bath sets I got for each of them.

"Just what I wanted," Shelbi said as she opened her phone card.

"Me, too!" agreed Brittani.

When J took Cody hunting last month, Cody complained about his behind freezing, so he got a booty warmer.

"It works," he said.

"Oh, boy! A Peyton Manning bobblehead! This is going on my shelf of honor," Cody said.

"These are my earrings. You can't have them," Shelbi says to her Aunt Tammy.

Finally, it was time for the annual "kids under the Christmas tree" pictures. First off was Brittani
then Cody

and Shelbi

and finally, the three of them together.

And that was our family Christmas for this year.

Today, Cindy and her family came by for a visit. Cindy and Aaron had come last year, but this time the whole crew was here. Aaron asked to see the snakes right away, and this time Robbie got to see them as well.

Aaron, Cindy, Robbie, and Snow. Fortunately, Show had just shed, and it was a nice clean shed all in one piece. I let Robbie have it, since Aaron had gotten one last year.

Monty and Rob seemed rather taken with each other.

This picture was Cindy's idea. I claim no credit for it, nor do I take any blame.


Cindy, Aaron, Rob, and Robbie.

Cindy, if you want full size copies of these, just let me know and I'll e-mail them to you.

Now, after a very busy couple of days, I'm going to go relax and knit a bit.

3 comments:

Buck said...

Very nice pics, Becky! It's obvious there's a lot of love here...that fact comes through loud and clear.

Opal said...

It looks like everyone had a wonderful time and that everyone enjoyed their gifts. :)

Becky G said...

Thank you, both.