Sunday, December 09, 2007

Another Strange Dream

I was supposed to be getting married. I was at the church getting ready, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to marry the man I was supposed to be marrying. Two of my friends--both named Josh--were there with me. One is a current student at the dojo, the other a former student. They were in there white tuxedos with bow ties and cummerbunds--all decked out for my wedding.

But I was telling them I didn't want to marry this guy. "It doesn't feel right," I was saying. "I think he's going to end up hitting me and stuff. I don't want to marry him. I don't love him." I finally came to the conclusion that I wouldn't marry him. "I'm not going to do it," I said. "I'm not going to marry him."

As soon as I made this pronouncement, former student Josh said that if I wasn't' getting married, he wasn't staying. He was going to go to his girlfriend's football game. She was cheer leading, not playing. At this point, he took off his bow tie and cummerbund and put on a scarf and belt made of the plastic stuff cheer leading pom-poms are made of. He bent down to change his shoes, then suddenly stopped. He'd heard a noise. The other Josh and I heard the noise as well, and we all looked in that direction.

The groom had arrived. I took off out the back door of the church. Once I got outside, I found myself in my grandmother's back yard. I decided I would go hide in her barn, but before I could get there, the door opened and the groom came out with a couple of his groomsmen. They were looking for me. I ran out of the back of the barn, intending to go hide in the woods. But there was a building in the way. I ran around the building, and there was a fence in the way. I ran around the fence, and there was a truck in the way. I ran around the truck, and there was a building in the way. I ran around the building....



I woke up, never having been able to reach the safety of the woods.

7 comments:

frotoe said...

what a weird dream!!

Robin said...

Hmmmmm, that is WEIRD!!

Bag Blog said...

Anxiety dreams are always weird. Or have you been eating too much chocolate?

Becky G said...

Yes it was wierd, and what I forgot to mention was that I was doing all that running in my wedding gown.

Is it any wonder that I usually wake up more tired than when I went to bed?

Anonymous said...

No more bedtime pepperoni pizzas for you! ;-)

Anonymous said...

P.S. sbe = just me (patch)

Becky G said...

Patch, not meaning to be snarky, but why do you keep changing your profile name? I liked Patch. It's how I know you.