Saturday, December 01, 2007

And The Winners Are:

But first, let me say that hosting this contest has been a lot of fun. So much so that I'm already planning the next one. It will be a challenge, too, because I'm not really that fond of those "just leave any old comment and you're entered" contests. It'll be easier than this one was. I think.

I have more to comment on this contest, but I know you're all chomping at the bit to know who won. There were two people who tied for the most correct answers, with 10. So I randomly selected, and the winner is ANNA! Congratulations, Anna. You have been e-mailed.

The rest of the names were put into a hat (with links getting you an extra entry)

and a name drawn
and the winner is SARAH!! Congratulations, you have been e-mailed.

One thing that surprised me about this contest was the sheer number of people who said it was just too hard, and didn't even try! I wanted everyone to be able to participate, which is why I added the random drawing for a second prize. They could have put any old name down and still have been entered into the drawing, but they didn't. They just gave up. I found that to be quite surprising. I actually had one person who guessed The Twelve Apostles. Totally off base, but it still got her entry.

Another thing that surprised me was how hard it was to find pictures of these guys smiling. That fact played a big part in who I chose to feature in this contest. I'd originally wanted to use the more well known quarterbacks, but in the end, I had to go with the ones I managed to find the best pictures of. If you guessed the theme was NFL quarterbacks, you guessed correctly. And here are the answers:

1. Ben Rothlisberger--Pittsburgh Steelers I was surprised at how many people guessed that this one was Tom Brady.

2. Brett Favre--Green Bay Packers Someone stated that this one was the most obvious of the twelve. She must have been right, because this picture received the most correct guesses.


3. Chad Pennington--New York Jets When I made up the contest, he was still the starter. I'd hoped to use all starting QBs, but again the pictures put the limitation on that.

4. David Garrard--Jacksonville Jaguars

5. Donovan McNabb--Philadelphia Eagles

6. Eli Manning--New York Giants Many people got him and Peyton mixed up, but just as many got them correct.

7. Jamarcus Russell--Oakland Raiders Very few people guessed this one correctly. It goes back to the who-I-could-find-pictures-of factor. I know he is a non-starting rookie, but he does have a nice smile!

8. Matt Leinart--Arizona Cardinals This is the man whose name I couldn't find a way to work into my blog. If you got him right, kudos to you!

9. Peyton Manning--Indianapolis Colts I should have thought this one was the most obvious, because of all the commercials, but more people got Brett Favre correct than Peyton.

10. Tom Brady--New England Patriots This one really surprised me. Very few people guessed that this was Tom Brady. The most often given answer was Troy Aikman.

11. Vince Young--Tennessee Titans

12. Tony Romo--Dallas Cowboys You know he had to be in there somewhere. How can you not love that smile!

So that's it for this round. Thank you to everyone who participated, and congratulations to the winners.

Look for more contests after the New Year. I've got at least two in mind...

6 comments:

Opal said...

This was a super cool contest. I know I didn't participate, but I was eagerly awaiting the results!

Aunt Kathy said...

Loved this contest, I was getting my guesses in but forgot to mail my response... bummer. next time I will be ready

12 apostles, hahahaha that's priceless, I think it deserves and honorable mention prize. LOL

Sherilyn said...

Loved this contest...and I should have gone with my gut on a few of them, especially the last one.

Minnesota Mazzio's said...

loved this contest.... I was close on some...at least I knew they were qb's....

Casey

Anonymous said...

I knew it was footballers early on (clue was one of Becky's passions),and knew Favre's smile because of only the jeans commercial currently running. Otherwise I had no clue whatsoever.

I agree, honorable mention to the why-didnt-I-think-of-that 12 Apostles guess.

Missy said...

Thanks for the challenging contest! Congrats to the winners!