Friday, December 28, 2007

The Gauntlet

has been thrown down, and by me, no less. What started as a casual observation yesterday has morphed into a full fledged challenge.

The observation? I only have 4 projects OTN at the moment. They are:

1. Tidal Wave Socks:

2. Branching Out Lace Scarf:

3. Garter Stitch Scarf:

4. One Row Scarf:


The challenge? Complete all four of these projects before casting on anything new. It'll be up to you, dear readers, to help me complete this challenge.

Speaking of challenges, it's time to sign up for Stashalong '08. Now, for Stashalong '07, we had specific plans to choose from. This next year, however, we have a more carte blanche method of choosing our goals. Basically, the rules are 1) Set your goals, 2) Post them, and 3) Update the blog monthly.

I'm going to have to think about my goals pretty carefully. Last year, I'd made the goal that I wouldn't buy any new yarn until I'd finished 10 projects--the exceptions being gift and charity knitting. Though the list got shuffled a bit, I finished 9 of my 10 projects--the infamous Branching Out that I recently ripped being the only incomplete one.

Even so, with all the free days I won in various contests, I ended up with more yarn than I started out with. That kind of defeats the purpose of a destashing blog. I'll have to think on this a bit more, and get back with you.

I'll have my goals up by Jan 1.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Oh...you're gonna love the Tidal Wave socks. They knit us SO fast!

Opal said...

You can do it. Divert all attention from the bimbo in the pink jersey and focus! (God, I hope you got that reference.)

Sus said...

Good luck with the new goal, regardless of what I said last time. ;) I'm sure you'll do it -- You seem to really do well with sticking to goals (the ones that you post on the blog, anyway)!

Becky G said...

Robin, Thanks. I'm going to save those as incentive to reward myself, for when I complete the three scarves. The Branching Out I feel is going to be a problem. It will be the tedious one. It isn't quite mindless enough to knit quickly.

Opal, pink jerseyed bimbo is out of my mind! Attention is diverted. I'm focused. And I totally get that reference!

Sus, thank you. Goals do seem to be easier to keep when they are made public.