Friday, December 07, 2007

Experimenting With Night Shots

The title pretty much says it all. I was walking Rylea and noticed how the light from the window next door highlighted the tree branches in the back yard. Of course, once I saw that, I just had to grab the camera and try it for myself.

This one is the best of what I took. I thought it turned out pretty nifty. Cody would call this a strange and ironic photo.


Otherwise, I finished another Chemo Cap.



That makes 5. I think that is all I'll do for this round. I started another pair of Fetching for a Christmas present. They are so quick and easy, I may even make a pair for myself. What? Knit something for me? Can you believe it? Can you believe this: I have not knit a single stitch on a single sock since Thanksgiving? S'true. I blame the KAL, but truth is, I think my sock mojo just needed a little rest.

Rylea is doing well. Most of her scrapes are healing nicely, despite that she's pulled all but one of her stitches out. The deep gash on her left leg is still pretty bad, but it is healing well. She has learned to get around on her little brace, and is putting a bit of weight on her bad leg. When she is walking slowly, she'll walk on that leg, but when she wants to move a bit faster, she just picks up the leg and goes. She can move pretty quickly on three legs, and as you can see, she had no problem figuring out how to get up onto the love seat.


She is waking me up two to three times a night needing to go out. I can't completely blame her for that, though. She is on an antibiotic and it probably has her stomach pretty upset. If they affect her the way they do me, yeah, she's miserable.

Still, that's the reason my posts seem so disjointed these last couple of days. Sleep deprivation doesn't exactly cause thoughts and words to flow eloquently.

3 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I'm glad Rylea is doing well. I like the night photo. My camera does not always do so well with dark shots or even a flash.

Buck said...

Night photography is challenging as all get-out. But worth the effort.

Becky G said...

The fun part about this was that it was so dark, I couldn't see what I was aiming at. I just got lucky with that one.