Friday, December 29, 2006

Cindy's Visit

Cindy and her adorable son Aaron paid a call to Chez Becky this evening.

Aaron is the one I wrote my Snakekeeping 101 post for, and he really wanted to meet the snakes. I, for one, was very impressed with Aaron. He was calm and relaxed, and though he was excited about meeting the snakes up close and personal, he wasn't jumpy or jittery like most 6 year olds would be. He held the snakes gently and didn't try to grip or squeeze them.


He was delighted with Sunny, while Cindy holds Monty in the background.

He looks quite proud of himself as he's gotten the hang of holding a squirmy snake,

while Katie, on the other hand, was a bit jealous and demanded attention for herself. Cindy took it all in stride.

I just love this picture. Aaron appears to be absolutely enchanted by Snow.

In the end, he got to hold or touch all of the snakes except Onyx, who sometimes freaks out around strangers, and Scarlett, because of her health issues.

Aside from the snakes, Cindy and I had a great visit. I was a bit nervous about meeting her. I always worry when meeting new people for the first time that I won't be able to think of anything to talk about.

I needn't have worried. Cindy and I chattered nonstop the whole time she was here. We talked about knitting and spinning. We talked about karate. We talked about our various health concerns. We talked about our kids. We talked about books we've read, and the one she has written.

We went out to eat, and afterwards we went by the dojo. Although we didn't do a complete workout, we did compare our seisan kata. They are very different. When Carole was here, we did seisan together, and they were very similar, with only minor differences. Cindy's kata is way different from mine. You can tell it is the same kata, but still, it's different. It was interesting to compare and contrast them. I wish we'd had more time to go through all the kata. I still intend to film my kata and post them. One of these days, I'll get around to that.

By this time, Aaron was getting pretty tired, and they were ready to head back to Cindy's folks' house. Cody saw them off with a tune on his tuba.


All in all, it was a great visit. It was wonderful finally meeting Cindy. I look forward to our next visit.

*

*

No comments: