Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Weirdness Abounds

Anybody who's read my blog for any length of time knows that I have weird dreams. What is even weirder is when those weird dreams come true. A couple of months ago, I dreamed that sensei had moved the dojo again, into a much smaller building just up the road. I remember remarking in my dream that the entire building could fit into about half a room of our previous dojo, and asking him why he had moved, and was he still going to be able to do his after school program in such a small place.

Imagine the weirdness factor when I went to karate to night (for the first time since July, but that's a different subject altogether) and there was a sign on the door stating that the dojo had moved. So I drove just up the road, and found the new dojo. I walked inside and indeed the entire building could fit into about half a room of our previous dojo. I asked him why he had moved and was he still going to be able to do his after school program in that building. It was about this point that I remembered the dream and went "whoa, weird".

So what it boils down to is that it came time to renew the lease, and sensei, well he added up the rent and utilities, subtracted what he was bringing in in dues and made a snap decision not to renew the lease. That being the case, he had to find a new place really fast, so he took the new dojo. It is really small. I'm already hoping that when this lease is up, he'll look for a bigger place. There were only 6 of us there tonight, and it was really crowded.

I liked the previous dojo, but I can understand sensei's reasoning.

5 comments:

Slop -n- Goulash: Dinner of Champions! said...

We don't have the space constraints because we use the large gym of our community center. So, we usually have lots of room to spread out - even though there are usually about 25 of us there at a time.But you can understand your sensei's motivation - to keep costs down and integrity up. Can't fault him for that.

Bag Blog said...

I had some weird dreams last night and thought about you. I think they were drug induced - I have an end-of-the-summer cold.

Buck said...

Hmmm. This is strange. Perhaps you should open up one of those psychic hotlines, Becky. ;-)

mornin'lady said...

weird is right on even uncanny :) But it sure makes an entertaining post!

Becky G said...

MAM, I can't fault him for wanting to remain economical, but this is the smallest dojo we've ever been in. I was actually afraid to do my bo kata last night because there didn't seem to be enough room to swing the bo.

Lou, weird dreams make you think of me? Whyever can that be? ;)

Buck, even weirder, this is not the first dream I've had that's come true. At first I though maybe it was deja vu, but in my dream Joshua was there and the new dojo was gray. In reality, Joshua is off at college and the new dojo is red.

Dawn, thanks. I'm glad I can provide you some entertainment. Beats what's on TV, even if I do say so myself. If you really want entertainment, you should go back and read some of my previous dream posts. Such click on the Dreams label at the bottom of the post, or search for Dreams.