Saturday, September 06, 2008

I Don't Usually Squeal

but I squealed today.

When I got up and saw the Saturday Sky

gray and clouded over, I was all set to have a bummer of a day. But then the mail came and the sun came to shine in my heart. So, what was in the mail?

I got a box from HAWAII!!!! From blog buddy Opal in Honolulu. I opened the box and squealed. And every item I pulled out, I squealed again. And what was inside this treasure box? I'll show you.


First off, we have four, yes four hanks of laceweight yarn in Dallas Cowboys colors!

I'll bet you didn't know they even made that, did you? Most people think it is Knit Picks Shimmer in Morning Mist. To those of us in the know, it is Dallas Cowboys Lace.

The next thing I pulled out was this:

Coffee cup with Hawaii on it. I wonder how Opal knew I have a thing for mugs. I don't even drink coffee, but I really have a thing for mugs. Eventually, all my glasses will be gone, and all I'll have to drink out of is--you guessed it--mugs. I've already inaugurated this one with some hot chocolate.

Also in the box was this kitchen set:

Isn't it pretty? There are two hot pads (or pot holders, depending on your vernacular), an oven mitt, a dish towel and a handle holder. That's going to be really nice when I use my cast iron skillets. I can't even count how many times I've burned my hand grabbing a hot handle.

That's not all. My fellow Dallas Cowboys fan included all this totally cool Cowboys stuff:

A window decal, a schedule, a magnet with my name on it, a key chain and some stitch markers. The stitch markers have a little football helmet:

It is just TOOOO cute!

Just when I thought that was all, I reached in one last time and pulled out paradise in a box:

chocolate covered Macadamia nuts. What could be better than that? Thank you a thousand times, Opal. Your generosity is truly overwhelming.

I longed to immediately cast on a project with my DCL yarn, but such a special yarn requires a special pattern. I haven't found that pattern yet, so I worked on my Garden Party shawl instead

and watched football. The LSU game was postponed due to storm damage to the stadium and other athletic facilities, so I watched Auburn defeat Southern Miss, then switched over and watched Notre Dame come with a goal line fumble of being upset by San Diego State.

Texas is kicking off even as I type, but none of the local stations are carrying the game. I think I'll go to bed early.

6 comments:

Carol said...

what a wonderful surprise

Knit and fall back in it said...

That was definitely worth squealing over!

Buck said...

Pretty danged cool!

I watched my boys almost blow it yesterday. Looks to be yet ANOTHER long year... as the offense just doesn't appear to have it. But the offensive line didn't allow any sacks, unlike the national record 58 they gave up last year. That's something, at least.

Becky G said...

Carol, it surely was!

Amy, I agree, even though Cody and the dogs were looking at me like I was crazy.

Buck, yep, though I was pretty impressed with the young quarterback (can't call his name right now--Jimmy something). He has improved since last year.

Opal said...

I am so glad you like the little package. I had so much fun putting it together.

I love how your new lace project is looking. You have taken to lace like a duck to water.

Becky G said...

Thank you again, Opal. I had such fun opening everything.