Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Miscellaneous Bits and Pieces

I finished a sock:


Cody's section captain recommended that he try out for the Mississippi All State Lions Band. I think that's pretty good, considering he's only a freshman. Cody says he wants to do it, too.

I found the pattern I want to knit with the yarn Opal sent me. It is the first pattern on this page, the Firmaments Lace Shawl. When I saw it, I just knew. I don't think the variegation in the yarn will overwhelm the lace pattern, but if it does, well, we'll just take it one step at a time.

Sensei and I are discussing something but I don't really want to reveal it just yet until things are more finalized.

I'm repeating week one of my hundred pushups challenge. I decided I'd just repeat each week until I actually made it through the week.

That's your housekeeping bits and bobs for today.

3 comments:

Opal said...

Oh that is a gorgeous shawl! I hope you get to start it soon. :-)

Knit and fall back in it said...

That shawl will be beautiful in those Cowboy colors. I can't wait to see it.

Becky G said...

Opal, it'll still be a while as I want to finish Garden Party first, plus I need to order some needles.

Amy, thanks. I'll be sure to post progress.