Sunday, September 28, 2008

It's A Bear

By request, here is Felix:

I've had him for what seems like a gazillion years. In reality, it's only been about 10. He replaced a bear named Barnaby Carmichael Jones (Barney for short) who stayed with me until he began falling apart. Barney--who, by the way pre-dates Barney the Dinosaur by several years-- replaced a bear named Benjamin Shaun. Bennie was a Christmas gift the year I was 16, and was my first actual teddy bear. I'd had stuffed animals before, but Bennie was the first bear. If I find pictures of Barney and Bennie, I'll post them, but for now, I don't think I have any. And that's the bears in my life.


And just for fun:

How Well Do You Know Your States?

My score: 98%, Average Error: 1 mile, Time; 257 Seconds

Can you beat my score?

9 comments:

Perpetual Beginner said...

Can't quite beat you. 96%, 5 miles, 228 seconds. Nice quiz though, my kids were fascinated.

Cute bear! I never got that attached to my bears - my sleeping companion of choice was a stuffed hippo named Rosie.

Becky G said...

Cindy, it gets much easier after you get the first few stated placed.

When I was a kid, I had a pink hippo named, of all things, Miss Pinky. I also had a Lassie and a Snoopy. Snoopy was my sleeping companion of choice until I was 16 and got my first bear.

Inquiries said...

I have a bear names brown bear that I have has all my life. Sometimes I still sleep with him. Embarrassing I know! But oh well.

Knit and fall back in it said...

Felix is quite a handsome bear, I can see why you are so fond of him.

Sus said...

Felix is so cute! I have two identical white bears that Gator and I call our "children", Gunthar and Wolfgang. We have split custody right now. Wolfie is on my dressing table right now. :)

Becky G said...

Ashley, that's nothing to be embarrassed about! We all need to snuggle from time to time, even if it is with a teddy bear.

Amy, thanks. He's good comfort, too.

Sus, thanks. That's a great story!

Bag Blog said...

I loved my stuffed animals and slept with them until I went off to college and then replaced them with Toby. Maybe I will post a pic of "Pink Paws."

Anonymous said...

43 out of 50 correct, avg error 35 miles, 334 seconds

Fun quiz, cute bear! (and "interesting" names ;-) for the latter)

Becky G said...

Lou, those were my intentions, too. Keep them until I replaced them with...well NOT Toby, but somebody. It hasn't worked out that way.

Patch, good job on the quiz. I thought it was much easier the second time around.

You should remember Bennie. You kept him (and Gregory Jason and Joshua David)while I was in basic training!