Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Quick Note

I have turned off my word verification, which I know will make some of you very happy. The catch is, if I start getting bucketloads of spam, I'm going to turn it back on.

A question for those of you who use a blog reader: if I go back and edit a post I've already published, does it show up again in your reader? I'm thinking about going back and tweaking some past posts, and was wondering if they'd show up again. If you see this post twice in your reader, then the answer is yes. Please let me know.

One more thing, I really hate Blogger's autosave thing. Does anyone know how to turn it off?

5 comments:

Buck said...

I only use a reader to keep up with the hockey blogs, because I only read about 20% of what's posted there (it's a big league, and who really gives a dang about the Atlanta Thrashers, except fans that live in Atlanta?)... the rest of my daily reads are done the old fashioned way: I visit each one. So I can't tell ya anything about how modified posts work in a reader.

What bugs you about auto-save? I kinda like it!

Becky G said...

What bugs me about autosave is when I mess something in my post up--like something really big and erase the entire post or something stupid like that. Then, boom, autosave saves it and I've lost everything I've composed up until then and am left with a blank box. I'd rather manually save my stuff.

Buck said...

Write in Word (or WordPad, or whatever you use)... then cut 'n' paste. That way you can play with a post to your heart's content and paste it into Blogger's compose window when you're done tweaking.

Becky G said...

I think I hate Word more than I hate blogger. It is nothing but frustrating to me. Yeah, I know there are other word processing programs out there, but I wouldn't use it enough to justify the expenditure.

I appreciate the suggestion,though.

Lizzie Woolley said...

What the reader, the main page? When I edit posts, they still stay in the same day and order.

I thought that I couldn't get my post back if I accidentally deleted it because of autosave. I'm so used to having a back button. However, I discovered that just clicking right one the mouse would pull up a menu. In the menu it has an undo which means that I can get my deleted post back.