Sunday, September 28, 2008

Depressed

The Cowboys went into the game 11 point favorites. Everyone expected it to be a total blow out. What nobody counted on was how poorly the Cowboys would play tonight.

The entire team just seemed disconnected. There was no cohesion on the offense. Tony Romo threw for over 300 yards and three TDs, but still they lost. Why? Because the defense was even worse, pretty much allowing the Redskins to have their way on the field. Clinton Portis and Santana Moss just went where they wanted too, made big plays, and scored touchdowns.

(Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)
The defense did tighten up in the second half, allowing only three field goals, but by then it was too late.

(Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)
The offense never found that rhythm. They never got to rolling. There would be no last minute miracle this time. I guess we can take comfort in knowing that the Redskins played really, really well, and the Cowboys played really, really poorly, and it was only a two point game.

Small comfort, but still...


Still, there's a lot of ball left to play. They aren't out of it yet.

.

6 comments:

Knit and fall back in it said...

I saw the last bit of that game and I was thinking of you. I knew you wouldn't be happy.

Knit and fall back in it said...

I saw the last bit of that game and I was thinking of you. I knew you wouldn't be happy.

Sus said...

Sounds like you had a football day similar to mine. The Broncos lost by a lot more than two, and had *four* turnovers. Ugly, I tell you. I feel your pain.

Becky G said...

Amy, thanks.

Sus, I know you can sympathize, with your Broncos suffering their first loss also. Sigh...

Opal said...

Yeah. I keep telling myself we'd have lost eventually this season. Cold comfort, my friend. Cold comfort.

Becky G said...

Opal, true. Nobody expected the Cowboys to go 16-0, but why did it have to be the REDSKINS?????