Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Have No Life

One of these days, I'm going to tell myself that I'm going to get to bed early, and I'm actually going to do it! That won't be the case tonight, however.

I still don't have anything to blog about, though. I start to type something out, then erase it because I think you'll find it boring. Like, I was going to tell you about Friday, when Cody got home from school, he walked into the house and said, "Mom, the UPS man is here." I thought that was really weird, because I hadn't heard him knock, and the dogs didn't react either. So Cody walked into the house, leaving the UPS man standing there in the front yard, and said, "Mom, the UPS man is here."

"Well, why didn't you just take the package?" I asked. I don't know why he didn't, but it all worked out as I went to the door, sighed over the really cute--but really married-- Brown Truck Of Happiness driver, and got my package. (One of these days, I've got to kinnear him so you can see what I'm talking about.)

Guess what was in it?

Will you think I'm silly if I told you I slept with it that night? Well, since I can't seem to find a real man willing to...oh, nevermind.

See, boring, huh?

Cindy nominated me for a brilliant blogger award, something I'm not so sure I'm deserving of here lately. Thank you, Cindy. It's a real honor.

I'm supposed to nominate seven of my readers to also receive it, but I think all of you have either already gotten this one, or think these sorts of things are dumb. So, I'm going to be a grouch and break the chain. Sorry bout that.

I'm struggling with my push ups this week. In fact, I haven't done them at all. I didn't do them Monday because my right shoulder was really sore. I don't know why. I don't remember doing anything to it. But I decided to give it a rest anyway. Then today, I just didn't wanna. So I didn't. I know, I know...

Well, I guess I'll stop boring you now and go on to bed.

G'nite.

9 comments:

Slop -n- Goulash: Dinner of Champions! said...

Oh, stop being silly - you don't bore us! The everyday stuff is sometimes the best parts!

Lizzie Woolley said...

This is exactly what I'm afraid of, boring my readers on my blog. However, no one ever reads my blog so I don't worry about that much. I thought that this post more interesting than most of your other posts I remember reading. This was much more interesting than football and knitting.

Bag Blog said...

Nice jersey! You always make me smile, Becky.

Knit and fall back in it said...

Where does UPS find all of those cute drivers???

Buck said...

Will you think I'm silly if I told you I slept with it that night?

Taking my cue from Mom ("If you can't say anything NICE...") -- No comment. ;-)

Well, check that. I usually go to bed each morning with Sharon Resultan. Same thing, but different.

Amy sez: Where does UPS find all of those cute drivers???

UPS apparently goes to great lengths to keep its customers happy. My driver is a middle-aged female, and a really nice person, too. Thanks, UPS!

Becky G said...

MAM, thanks for that.

Lizzie, knitting and football are what is interesting to me. Therefore, that is what I blog about, and what I will continue to blog about. If that doesn't interest you, well no one is forcing you to come here.

Lou, thanks.

Amy, I wish I knew! Hmmm, think maybe we could order one from somewhere?

Buck, I'll take a cue from your mother and reserve my comment as well.

I agree about the UPS drivers. While they haven't all been a cute as the current one, they have all been really nice. I think for most people, the driver is about the only contact they have with the company, so they must make sure each one is a good representative. They did a good job on mine!

Opal said...

That jersey rocks. I would have slept with it too. :-)

Becky G said...

Opal, I knew you'd understand!

Lizzie Woolley said...

I'm sorry if I offended you about my knitting and football comment. My dad and mom is into football. My dad was a linebacker for UCLA back in the day. He went to the Liberty and the Rose Bowl. He could have went professional if he wanted to; however, didn't because they didn't get payed that well yet. Plus, he didn't want to beat up his body and mask the pain through medication.