Thursday, September 04, 2008

Football and Knitting

Football season kicked off with the Giants hosting the Redskins. The Giants opened with a dominating drive, marching all the way down the field to score a touchdown. However, after that, they fizzled, only scoring three field goals--all in the first half. Right before the end of the half, the Redskins scored their only touchdown of the game. It might as well have ended then and there, because in the second half, neither team could get anything going. Neither team scored in the second half and the final score was Giants 16, Redskins 7.

For what it's worth, winding my yarn for my next lace project was more interesting.


It took me a long time to decide which yarn to use for this shawl, but I finally settled on my Knit Picks Shadow in Snorkel. I didn't actually cast on, though. I worked some more on the globby monkeys. I've made it past the heel turn and am about halfway through the gusset decreases.


That's about it for today.

2 comments:

Robin said...

oh...it just breaks my heart when the redskins lose, cried myself to sleep last night.

Becky G said...

It was a tough game, Robin. I just couldn't decide which team I hated more. They both played pretty poorly, which I'm glad of. I hope they keep that up!