Thursday, September 11, 2008

To Change A Tire

It seems such a simple thing to stop and help change a flat tire, but so many people won't bother these days. What used to be commonplace is now almost unheard of.

Yet, after being bloodied and bruised, after having nearly 1000 lbs of human flesh land on him, after a long flight home, with 13 stitches in his chin and a bandaged left hand, one young man finds it within himself to stop Sunday evening and help a couple change a tire-- something several other drivers couldn't seem to make the effort to do.

That young man just happened to be Tony Romo.


(Kevin Cox/Getty Images)
My quarterback has character. Does yours?



*Now if we could only get him to show some sense ...

P.S. No he is not quite back to the top of my personal pantheon, but he's getting there.

6 comments:

Robin said...

I would just die...nice young man with LOTS of character!

Becky G said...

Yep, he was raised right.

Slop -n- Goulash: Dinner of Champions! said...

Wow. A real person. How great is that?!

Opal said...

What a sweetheart. :-)

Buck said...

*Now if we could only get him to show some sense ...

LOL on that!

I'll withhold my usual snark about the difference between hockey and football players, except to say that while this may be a newsworthy event in the world of glitz, glam, and bling that is pro football... it most definitely isn't in hockey.

Oops. Dang. I said I wouldn't... and then I did. ;-)

Becky G said...

MAM and Opal, Ain't he something!

Buck, I'll let you live in your little fantasy world, but when you're ready to come back to reality, we can talk. for now, I'll just say that this kind of behavior just as uncommon for hockey players as for any other demographic. It's not like hockey players have cornered the market on sainthood.