Friday, September 26, 2008

Garden Party

Garden Party is driving me nuts! I thought it was just me at first, but a quick forum search on ravelry showed that it's not. It is the pattern. It just doesn't seem to be very well constructed. It's fine until you get to the More Lacy Lattice chart on page 7. That's where everyone seems to be having troubles. Many people have posted about having to fudge the pattern to get the stitch counts to work out and still keep the pattern going. This is very irritating, considering that I actually paid for this pattern.

I have ripped back to the lifeline at the beginning of that chart twice now. I'm going to go try to get the first row done, then go to bed.

I've gotten lots of contest entries so far. You people are pretty smart. I figured I'd get one or two correct answers, but I've gotten a bunch. I've also gotten some pretty far out answers, but hey, they're still good for the second prize! Keep the entries coming!

3 comments:

Lizzie Woolley said...

It looks really pretty. My Nana should knit me a shawl like that for Christmas.

Quinn said...

That must be very frustrating. You've probably already seen the errata on the rav pattern page, but in case not:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/garden-party-2

hope this helps!

Becky G said...

Lizzie, maybe if you asked her really sweetly...

Quinn, I've seen the errata, and there is none for the chart I'm having trouble with. Thanks for trying, though.