Friday, September 19, 2008

Homecoming

Tonight was homecoming. It poured. I left. I wasn't the only one. When I went back to pick up Cody midway through the 4th quarter, there probably weren't 30 people left in the stands.

I took a crappy video of part of the band performance. Here it is:



Cody is in there somewhere. The blond head that keeps bobbing through the video is part of the reason it is so crappy. I was having to hold the camera up high to get over that head, so I couldn't see the screen that well. That's why you sometimes get sky, and other times get ground. I taped until I ran out of battery, so you only got about half of the performance.

Shortly after the band played, the rain started. That's when a lot of people left. Not long after the rain started, the band went back into the band hall. Well, heck. That's the only reason I went to the game was to watch the band, so I left, too.

I kind of worried, because I didn't have a way to let Cody know that I'd gone home. But then, I figured, "He's a smart boy. If he doesn't see me, he'll call." Sure enough, that's what he did.

Oh, yeah. The football team lost. Again. And that's it for homecoming 2008.

4 comments:

Knit and fall back in it said...

Poor kids, it's not bad enough that they lost their homecoming game but they had to do it in the rain.

Lizzie Woolley said...

The marching band is pretty good.

Becky G said...

Amy, eh, they're used to it. This school hasn't had a very good football program for a while now. Cody says they don't play with any heart. Before the game even starts, they've pretty much accepted that they're going to lose.

Lizzie, thanks.

Lizzie Woolley said...

Ouch!