Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I'm Sort of Back

After many hours installing and fiddling, I am sort of back online. The computer still has problems, but I hope to get them worked out over the next few days. I still have several programs to re-install, and I need to figure out which drivers to install. I don't have sound, yet, either. I can't get my DSL software to configure, but I can download stuff, like my anti-virus updates and various program updates. All the correct lights on my modem are lit, and the troubleshooting CD says my Internet is working. I don't know why the software won't configure.

Off to fiddle some more...

2 comments:

Buck said...

Once again... Good Luck, Becky. Computers are just SO much harder than they should be. I sympathize.

Becky G said...

How right you are! We're getting there, though. Bit by bit...