Saturday, May 26, 2007

Saturday Knitting


The sky stayed over cast all day today. I did manage to get this picture of the sun trying to break through, but it didn't quite make it.

I spent most of today doing various and sundry things around the house. I finally finished the May mid month KAL cloth, just in time to start the new June one--almost.

The big news is the Jaywalker socks. I got this far:


then decided that this yarn wasn't quite right for this pattern. When I got past the heel turn and saw how it knitted up in plain stockinette:


I decided I liked it better like that than the way it was pooling in the leg. Now I'm trying to decide whether I want to rip the whole thing, or just make the leg a bit shorter. The pattern called for 6 3/4 inch legs, but I decided to make mine 8". Now that I see it, it just isn't working. Plus, I'm not really sure I'll have enough yarn to make them both that long. Plus, I really like the Potomus socks, and the Baudelaire socks, the Lombard Street socks, and the Falling In Love socks. Oh, what to do? What to do? What I think I'll do first is sleep on it. I'll be able to think more clearly in the morning.

I've finally gotten the Black Belt Knitters webring up and running. If you have your own blog, you can join the ring. If otherwise qualify, but don't want to start your own blog, just drop me a comment and I will make you a team member of the Black Belt Knitters blog. I am going to try to get a graphic made up, but if you know of someone who can do this, please let me know.

1 comment:

Carol said...

I just dropped in to say hi! The very first pair of socks I made were Jaywalkers I made them from baby yarn. Now I'm an old pro ever broke down and bought proper sock yarn :) I'm in the monthly dishcloth kal too!

Carol