Saturday, May 12, 2007

Prizes For Contest

For those who wish to enter my Name That Blog contest, the following prizes will be offered:

1. One unopened cone of Peaches & Creme cotton yarn, color #130--Shaded Pastels2. Six skeins of Bernat Cottontots yarn, either three yellow skeins and three blue skeins
or six yellow skeins3. An assortment of acrylic yarns:

4. The Mardi Gras scarf: and the Confetti scarf:
5. Passion scarf and hat set:
6. A set of four hand knit dishcloths:
7. One unused copy of this book:

8. An original drawing done by yours truly:
the drawing is 5 x 7, and will be matted and framed to 8 x 10.

9. These two books:The Book of Five Rings by Mayamoto Musashi and The Art of War by Sun Tsu. Both are in like new condition.

The contest winner will be able to choose one of the above listed prizes. If I get enough entries, I may do a second and third prize as well.

*

3 comments:

Sus said...

Oh, you know that this contest is taking up all my concentration, don't you? Although, I have to admit, I kind of like Thank God For Rubbermaid. If I haven't ever said that out loud, I've certainly thought it a lot.

So, I've tried to think about a word or words that are part of all your major aspects (as shared on your blog, anyway), and I've come up with the word "Patterns". Knitting patterns, the patterns of life and nature that are reflected in your drawings, and the patterns of movement in kata, etc. But we don't want the same old patterns, do we? No, we want to explore *new* patterns, continuously increasing our skill and knowledge throughout this journey of life.

So, I initially thought, "New Patterns", but this sounds a little too much like you're *offering* new patterns or something. So I thought some more. Finding or learning a new pattern is wonderful, but that's not exactly what increases our expertise, it's the mastering and perfecting of those new patterns through repitition. So now I'm at a bit of a loss and can't pick between "Repeating New Patterns", "Mastering New Patterns", and "Perfecting New Patterns". Personally, I like "Repeating" the best because it emphasizes the journey rather than the outcome, though I kind of like the alliteration of "Perfecting New Patterns" and how it trips off the tongue. Of course, this is a blog, so it will be read more than its said.

So this is my entry for your contest. Whatever happens, I hope you end up with a name you really like. If I think of any more, I'll let you know!!

PS - I was looking up quotes about creativity and found that someone defined it as "sudden cessation of stupidity", which I also thought would make an excellent name for a blog, or a rock band. :)

Becky G said...

Sus, I actually like Sudden Cessation of Stupidity better! Maybe I should put your name in twice, but as you are my only entrant so far...

Sus said...

LOL! I actually thought you might like that one better! I was trying to be all philosophical-like, though. I should know better!!