Saturday, May 19, 2007

Saturday Stuff



I don't usually get tagged for memes. Usually the ones I do get tagged for are the ones that say something like "If you read this consider yourself tagged." That's how I got tagged for this one:



1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Sort of. We were trying, but had been unsuccessful for so long that we'd decided we couldn't get pregnant. Then suddenly, I did get pregnant and we totally weren't expecting it.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? No. The ex didn't want to wait until we got married.

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? I was excited, but nervous. The ex wanted me to have an abortion, even though he was the one who'd been saying that we had to hurry up and get me pregnant.

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? No! I told the ex "I'm having this baby with or without you." He chose without.

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 28.

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? My first clue was that my breasts got really sore. I couldn't even take a pregnancy test yet, because I wasn't far enough along.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? The ex

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes

9. DUE DATE? October 23, 1993--my dad's birthday. Ironically enough, this was the only grandchild my dad lived long enough to see.

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? No.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Golden Delicicous apples--funny because I don't like apples at all.

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Everyone and everything! It was like 9 entire months of PMS

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Male

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No. I wanted a boy from the beginning

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 29

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? No, the baby was 5 months old before I got back to the States, and no one gave me one. I did get lots of gifts, just not a party.

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? N/A, since I never had one

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Not until I went into labor. Then I ran 102 fever the whole time, and lost a lot of blood during delivery.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? US Naval Hospital--Naples, Italy--that's what it was called even though technically it was located in Pozzuoli, Italy

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 29 and a half

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? The duty driver from the hospital

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? The doctor, two nurses, and a corpsman. Ex had already left me by then, and the the girl I had arranged to be in the delivery room with me was home on leave. If I had gone into labor on my due date, she would have been there, but the baby surprised all of us by coming early.

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? No, they woudn't give me anything, even though I asked for it

25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 8 lbs 6 oz.

26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? October 14, 1993

27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Cody Matthew

28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? Thirteen. A teen ager. ACK!

I am tagging ALL the mommies who read my blog!!!!


But today I actually got tagged by name by Tabitha! That's the first time anyone has ever tagged my by name. The meme she tagged me for has been circulating among knitbloggers for a while. Since most of them have been tagged, I'll have to expand the meme's reach. (By the way, particiaption is encouraged, but not mandatory.) Anyway, here is the meme:

Those tagged must list 7 random facts about themselves. They also need to write in their blogs the rules of the game, which are pretty simple--you list your 7 facts, then list 7 people you are tagging. Then you leave them comments letting them know they've been tagged.

Here are my 7 random facts:

1. I have been training in Isshinryu karate for 4 1/2 years and currently hold the rank of first degree black belt.

2. I am the first female from my dojo ever to be promoted to black belt, and only the second black belt ever that my sensei has trained all the way to black belt.

3. I am a very crafty person--pretty much everything I try, craftwise, I can pick up pretty quickly. I know how to knit, crochet, sew, cross stitch, embroider, tat, do needlepoint, and spin on a drop spindle. Knitting is my preferred craft, though.

4. I am the first person my allergist had ever diagnosed as being allergic to oranges. I am also allergic to eggs, though that one is pretty common.

5. I have one son, one dog, one cat, and seven snakes. Stay tuned--a snake post is coming soon.

6. I absolutely loooove hot chocolate, and drink it even in the summer.

7. I am a veteran of The United States Navy--and frequently wish I'd remained on active duty.

There. Those are my seven facts. The seven people I am tagging are:

1. Buck
2. Lou
3. Sus
And of course, anyone else who wants to play along is welcome to. Also, all you mommies are tagged for the Mommy Meme.
*
*