Monday, April 30, 2007

Four Little Socks

all in a row. They are, from left to right, plain vanilla sock made from Sockotta cotton blend yarn, color # 617. The second one is Yukon Leaves, made from Austermann Step color #11--Dune. The third one is Jaywalker, knitted with Fortissima Socka bamboo/wool blend, color #0006. The one on the far right is another plain vanilla sock, knitted with Meilenweit--but I lost the ball band, so I don't know what color it is. Note that this is the sock I started on 2 circular needles back in January. It hasn't progressed much since then. I'm probably going to transfer it to DPNs of the same size, so the poor thing will finally get finished. In fact, I may rip it and start over in a different pattern.

I really like the Fortissima. The bamboo gives it a sheen that your regular wool/nylon blends just don't have. I also like the Jaywalker pattern. It is only two rows, and so easy to memorize.

My backup OS cds arrived from Dell today. I didn't have time today, but tomorrow I will try to install them on my computer. Hopefully, they will work, even though I think my modem may be shot. We shall see.

In black belt class, we went over kusanku sai nearly the whole class. I just can't seem to get the hang of it. James picked it up pretty quickly, but I'm still struggling it. Must go practice...
*
*

*

No comments: