Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A Couple More

Barrett doing his bo kata.


Josh doing his bo kata.

We had a slow motion class tonight. We did basics and kata in slow motion. What is neat is that sensei got out and did them with us--even the kata. We went through all 8 kata, with the lower ranks stopping at the highest kata they knew. Sensei and I were the only ones doing sunsu, which is the kata I need to know for my second degree black belt. The last few minutes of the class, we worked on two man basics. There was an odd number of us, so I ended up coaching Twinkie, since he said he'd forgotten all of it. James left before class started. He has been taking some pills to make his fingernails grow and he says they make his knees weak. No further comment on that...

I haven't knitted a bit on my socks, or on my WIP list. I decided that I needed to do something that was straightforward, simple, and big enough for me to see. So I started a garter stitch scarf with the yarn I won from the contest I participated in a while back. I'm using the purple yarn that is right in the center. As always, I'll post pictures when I'm done.

I've actually got quite a few things I want to blog about, but I've been so busy and so tired here lately that when I sit down at my computer, I just can't motivate myself to post. All I want to do is go to bed, so that's what I'm doing now.

Goodnight.

*

*


5 comments:

Buck said...

He has been taking some pills to make his fingernails grow...

Wow...that sounds just a wee bit like "too much information." Just WHY would a male...any male... want to "make his fingernails grow?" Is there some sort of medical reason? OTOH, I'm reasonably sure I don't wanna know... :-)

Becky G said...

Like you, I didn't wanna know, so I didn't ask.

Bag Blog said...

I had the same reaction as Buck on the fingernail thing.

In the pictures there is a manaquin thing in the background. A friend of mine had one of those - he named it Bob. It used to stand on his porch wearing a jacket and ball cap. Bob fell out of the back of his truck while my friend was moving to a new house. Bob rolled down the bar-ditch and came to a standing position. Some person passing by at night called into the sheriff to report a strange man in the bar-ditch. The police nearly shot Bob when he did not react to questioning. My friend eventually found Bob at the sheriff's office where Bob was the talk of the office and the deputy was the butt of some jokes.

Becky G said...

Lou, funny story about Bob! I can just see the police trying to question him!

Century products also makes a child sized Bob, called Bobby Bully. They are great for learning targets.

frotoe said...

I'm gonna be wondering about this fingernail thing all day now. Its kind of disturbing.