Friday, May 11, 2007

Slow Night

Sensei was having a bad knee night, so karate class was pretty easy. We did all our kata in slow motion, then we talked through seiunchin bunkai. After that, we watched the tape of Josh and Barrett's test again. Blake was trying to impress everybody with his knowledge (I think you call those people know-it-alls) by telling us what happened during the test. "Watch this guy, what he does," Blake would say. Yes, Blake, I know. I was there. You weren't. And "that guy" has a name. I know his name. You don't.

He also tries to be bossy. Well, maybe he doesn't try, but he is often bossy, even toward those of higher rank. I said something to him about it and he said he was just trying to help his fellow student. I told him it wasn't his place to boss them around. He replied that he wasn't bossing, he was helping. I'm sure those being bossed around don't see it that way.

He was pretty funny Tuesday night, though. He wanted to try the three on one self defense that Josh and Barrett had had to do during their rank test. So I told him to get out onto the floor, and had Josh, Barrett, and Twinkie be the attackers. It took them all of 10 seconds to get Blake face down on the floor screaming "OH GOD! Let me up!" I can't wait until it is Mr. Sullivan and Mr. Eiffling he is facing. He he he...

Oh, and don't let the nickname Twinkie fool you. He is well over 6 ft tall and about as tough as they come.

I asked James about the fingernail thing. He said he was taking those pills to make his hair grow thicker, not his fingernails. He's kind of young to be worrying about losing his hair, though my brother started losing his at that same age.
*
*

No comments: