Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I'm Back...

Well, mostly back. I have sound and video now. It was really quite funny--and typical for me--I'd gotten so used to a silent computer that when I downloaded the audio driver, the first sounds my computer made actually scared me! It didn't help that I had my speakers turned all the way up. I do still have to install a few more of my personal programs, but everything seems to be working correctly. There are still about a bazillion driver updates on the Dell website that I need to download, but I'll get to that eventually. Tomorrow, I'll try to get my photo uploading software and my scanner software installed. The blog will have pictures again!



Since I seem to be knitting nothing but socks here lately, it was only appropriate that I join Summer of Socks '07. There doesn't seem to be a lot of rules. Just knit socks this summer. It's open to crocheters, too, Sus, if you're interested. More details can be found here. There will be lots of contests, but the one I don't think I will enter is the Most Socks contest. I just can't compete with those stay at home speed knitters...


Speaking of KALs, I am way behind on my Monthly Dishcloth KALs. I haven't even done the April mid month cloth, though I wanted to. But it started about the time all the computer troubles did, and I just didn't do it. Now I'm already two days behind on the May 1st cloth, but I hope to get caught up soon.
Off to download a few more updates before bed.
*
*

4 comments:

Perpetual Beginner said...

Welcome back!

I did several socks at the beginning of the year. Right now I'm making Tubey (from Knitty.com) with significant alterations, the most major being that I'm knitting it in bamboo yarn. With any luck it should make a decent summer sweater. Afterwards maybe I'll do more socks...

Sus said...

Glad you're getting your computer whipped into shape! I actually want to learn to knit socks, but my project list is crazy right now, and my sister is on my back for her tablecloth I promised her, not to mention my niece's afghan, and I have baby things to make for a friend, plus I just started that new purse... Ack! It just goes on and on! How has it come to this??? :)

Anonymous said...

Becky:

I’m at Dell Headquarters in Austin, Texas and I just wanted to make sure you were fully back up and running. It sounds like you are but if you have any questions feel free to contact me.


Neil
Dell, Inc.
neil@dell.com

Becky G said...

Thanks Cindy. Socks are about all I've been knitting lately. I do have some UFOs I need to work on. Maybe when I run out of sock yarn, I'll get back to them.

Sus, it took me a long time to learn to knit socks. I tried once and it just seemed too complicated. Several years later, I tried again, and this time it clicked. I must warn you, though. If you try it, you may finc it highly addictive!

Neil, thank you. Right now everything seems to be working right, but I'll keep you in mind if I need anything.