Sunday, May 06, 2007

More Quotes

It's another one of those nights when I just don't feel like composing a post. But I won't leave you empty handed. Here are a few more of my favorite quotes:

One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his greatest surprises, is to find that he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do.--Henry Ford

To win without risk is to triumph without glory.--Pierre Cornielle

You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note.--Doug Floyd

God gave us our memories so that we might have roses in December.--J.M. Barrie

I have found that the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it.--Harry S Truman

Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless.--Thomas A. Edison

A work of art is above all and adventure of the mind.--Eugene Ionesco

True art is characterized by an irresistable urge in the creative artist.--Albert Einstein

I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.--Thomas Jefferson

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.--Scott Adams

You never conquer a mountain. You stand on its summit a few moments and then the wind blows your footprints away.--Sir Edmund Hillary
*
*

No comments: