Saturday, May 12, 2007

First Things First

And first thing in this post is today's
That dark cloud on the left was raining as I took this picture. But if you looked off to the right, there was sunshine and blue sky. Weird, but nifty at the same time.

A finished object! I finished the garter stitch scarf I'd started out of the contest yarn. Somewhere in the midst of knitting it, I thought to myself, "This looks like something you would wear to Mardi Gras." Thus it became known as the Mardi Gras scarf. Since I'm not really a scarf wearing person, though I am a scarf knitting person, this one is being offered as a prize in my Name That Blog contest.


A sock update:

Not much progress has been made on my socks since the last posting of them. I'm working on my Stashalong WIPs and kind of holding off on these until Summer of Socks starts on June 21st. That brings on an odd feeling. It is summertime already down here, even though summer won't officially start for another month.


Our dojo has a couple of websites, one of which I maintain. Mine is not the official dojo site, but is more of an online newsletter. The official site was started by a student several years ago. That student then moved to Tennessee and the site went un updated for about 4 years. Then Mr. Tedder took over the maintenance of the site, and made a single update. Now the site is laying fallow...just waiting for someone to tend it.


My site is more of a current events type site, and you can view it here. I need to update it as well.


Well, off to knit some more.

Knitting





No comments: