Monday, May 14, 2007

Interview Meme

Black Belt Mama has been doing an interview meme these last few days. She had quite a few people request to be interviewed, so it was a while before she got around to me. Here are the 5 questions she asked me:

1. What's your favorite spectator sport?

Football, of course. Preseason starts in just 83 days, regular season starts September 6th.

2. Favorite vacation spot and why?

Vacation? Hmmm, hold on a moment while I consult a dictionary...

Ok, I'm back. This is actually a hard question for me to answer. Taking a vacation is so far outside the realm of possibility that I really haven't thought about it. I suppose a beach resort--better yet, a private island, I don't like crowds--somewhere, or a mountain cabin with a huge stone fireplace and large picture windows would be nice. But as for naming a specific location, I just don't know any by name. We rarely took vacations when I was young because my mother didn't like to travel. I can't afford to now.

Well, maybe a trip to the Isshinryu Hall of Fame tournament in Gatlinburg, TN would be cool...

3. Most important thing your son has taught you?

Self-control. You know the old saying, "A teenager is someone who says, 'Here I am, come choke me!'"? Yeah, you can't really do that...

4. Describe your perfect meal.

One I don't have to cook! Ok, seriously--

Right now, all I wish I could eat was fried eggs, bacon, hot biscuits and orange juice. Or French toast. Or heck even an egg sandwich. Can you tell I miss my eggs? On the other hand, that meal from Red Lobster where they bring you something like 12 different preparations of shrimp, and I'm actually not allergic to shrimp so I could really eat it. I also really like those Japanese restaurants where they cook the food right at your table. Or barbecued ribs. Oh, or crawfish.


5. What's the best dream you ever had?

This is difficult. I don't usually have good dreams. Even the ones that start off good turn bad before they're over. I had one dream when I was a teenager that I lived back in the Little House on the Prairie times. It was a cold winter that year. Really cold. There were these two bears that were harassing the town--killing livestock and such. They were starving, just like all the wildlife. It never occurred to me to wonder why they weren't hibernating, but it was a dream after all. One night, it was my turn to keep watch. I was outside and the snow was falling and it was so beautiful. It wasn't like a regular snowfall. The snow was like little diamonds were falling out of the sky. I was just staring up into the sky, awed by the beauty of these snowflakes falling. Suddenly I heard a commotion off to my left. Two of the local hound dogs were chasing these bears--a black bear and a brown one. I raised my gun and shot them both. But when I ran over to see, the brown bear turned out to be my mother in a bear suit.

I don't usually have good dreams. Last night I dreamed Sylar, the bad guy from the TV show Heroes was after my brain.

Well, those are my answers. If you want me to interview you, leave a comment with your e-mail address and I will send you 5 questions.
*
*

3 comments:

Perpetual Beginner said...

I love the Japanese steak houses too. One just opened up about a mile from here. We haven't been to it thus far, but if you make it up for the 2008 tournament that Sensei is talking about having, we'll treat you and Cody to dinner!

(I'm determined to entice you up here - can you tell?)

Sus said...

I totally agree on the football! Thanks for the coutdown -- it seems so near when you say it that way! :)

I think you should just try to get up to Gatlinburg for a vacation, even if it's just for a long weekend. You deserve it!!!

Wow, you do miss eggs, don't you? LOL! Good choices all around. Fun to read so much about you!

Becky G said...

Cindy, I'd love to come. I'm going to have to wait, though, and see what my finances are going to be.

Sus, only 82 days now! Tennessee is such a beautiful place, but traveling all depends on my finances...

Yes, I do miss eggs! I've always loved them...tried to live on them for a while back when my cousin had chickens. In hindsight, I recognize the symptoms of my allergy, but at the time, I didn't. Heavy sigh...the good old days...