Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'm Being Useful

Finally, I am doing something meaningful with my knitting! I've joined

a yahoo group that knits socks for ...well, soldiers. I had to order some yarn from Knitpicks to make my Big Black Socks, and it should be here in a week or so. They also make Great White Socks, and leisure socks for both men and women. Not only that, but they also make beanies and such. Now, I really, really want to go to Memphis and find some of the yarn shops there. I can't afford more yarn, but it's for a good cause.



The other day, I discovered that my camera takes pictures in sepia tone. Behold for you to view:

A young cotton plant in sepia.

1 comment:

Sus said...

Sock for Soldiers sounds like a great cause! I'm doubly appreciative of you doing things like this because I, well, don't. Maybe if I ever get caught up on all the things I've promised family members -- my 'to do' list seems so overwhelming sometimes. Thank you for making socks for our soldiers.