Sunday, January 04, 2009

Catching Up

I've gotten a bit behind on my blogging. I guess the change in routine--me being off work--has got me, let's say a bit more relaxed than usual. I'm going to try to catch up a bit here.

Cody did go hunting Friday, but didn't even see any deer, so no pictures. Worse than that, no meat in the freezer. I'll have to keep shelling out bucks for hamburger meat.

I was doing the happy dance later that night. Cody had All State Band tryouts Saturday down in Pearl. I thought I'd have to drive him, and stay down there all day until he got finished. However, Friday night, his section captain called and said they'd gotten a bus to take them down there. So all I had to do was have him at the school by 5:30 Saturday morning, then I could go back home and back to bed. I don't know how Cody did at the tryouts. I asked him, and all he will say is, "Epic failure," but he won't tell me what went wrong. I don't know if he totally messed up, or if he just thinks he didn't do as well as he wanted to .

Now, to catch up on my WIP list, which I first posted a couple of weeks ago...

1. Mystic Waters--no progress. I've kind of lost interest in this one because of the charts being so disorganized. I'll get back to it eventually, though.

2. Trekking Is For Necking--They are moving right along--a bit slowly since I'm doing them both at once, but moving along nevertheless.


3. Branching Out #2--I've done a couple of pattern repeats, but not enough to make much of a difference.

4. Longhorn Socks--I picked a pattern, and cast on. I'm doing them both at once. I wanted a toe up pattern, even though that is not my preferred method. The knot in the yarn made one of the balls kind of small, so I wanted to be sure I had enough to at least get the foot done. The pattern is Express Lane.


5. Cowboys scarf--It's finished. Blocked, grafted, and everything. The only thing about it is that it tends to fold in half in the middle. I'm pretty sure this is because of the way the pattern is. Other than that, I really like it.


6. A Washcloth--I found my pumpkin pattern, and will do this one this afternoon.


Not on the list, and not really a project yet, I did swatch this pattern up a bit. I'd done a scarf in this pattern before. It's one I adapted from a blanket pattern, and I wanted to get it written out and charted. It's written, but not charted yet.


Cody has gone hunting again. I hope he has better luck today. Right now, Baltimore and Miami are on. Gonna go watch.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow! You've been busy!

Opal said...

i'm amazed at how well you keep up with all your wip's! i wish i could manage my projects like you do.

Bag Blog said...

Those band try-outs were always difficult for me, but they were good experience.

Becky G said...

Lou, I agree that they are a good experience. I've encouraged Cody to try again next year.