Sunday, January 11, 2009

Digital TV

Next month, TV broadcasting will go all digital. The debate was that my TV is 14 years old. Do I buy a converter box, only to have my TV go out in another few months? Or do I spend the money on a new TV. We really wanted a new TV. We'd planned on getting one, but then we were cut back to 4 days a week at work. I told Cody, "I just can't justify spending $500 or $600 on a new TV when I can't put groceries on the table."

Thus, the digital converter:


It sat around the house for a couple of months, and just today, I finally got it hooked up. I've managed to find all of my regular channels except for CBS. Weird thing is, I can get them on my rabbit ears, but not with my digital converter box. I hope before the switch next month, I can find them.

As for football, I was 0 for 4 today in my picks. Well, not totally. I wanted the Chargers to win, but didn't really expect them to. Still, I got to see my boy Jacob Hester make a first down. He's the only reason I sort of root for the Bolts anyway.

That's pretty much been my Sunday. That, and knitting a few more rows on my Mystic Waters shawl. Cody is watching the Golden Globe awards, something I have absolutely no interest in whatsoever. I'm feeding snakes. I've got one more, then I'm done for this week. Well, I guess I'd better go get his rat ready.

Until tomorrow, God bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the exact same brand of converter box I have, and I bet you bought yours at Walmart too! I hope you remembered to get the $40 coupon from the gov towards the purchase of the box?

Funny, I have 2 TVs hooked up to cable and another TV with rabbit ears (the same TV I had at HSU), and I still can't find anything decent to watch; they sure dont make TV shows like they used to eh?

Becky G said...

Yes, and yes! I did get it at Wal-mart, and I did remember to get my $40 coupon.

You are so right about TV shows. I don't have cable, and can't justify spending the money on it when the shows are such garbage.

Funny thing, I've been renting old TV shows from the '80s through Netflix lately. Cody and I were watching an episode of the original Knight Rider when Cody said, "Boy I sure missed out." I asked him what he meant and he replied, "Y'all had some good shows back then, not like the stuff they put out these days."

You know it's a sad state of affairs when a teenager thinks TV shows are garbage.