Sunday, December 21, 2008

On Sunday

The peanut butter fudge gets cut

and finally, all the holiday baking and candy making is finished. Now comes the hard part--not eating it all up before Christmas!

I've decided to get a few of my WIPS finished before casting on anything new. Here's what I've got going right now.

1. Mystic Waters--I've finished the first two or three charts. It's gotten to the point that each chart is spread over 4 or 5 pages, so I set it aside for a while. The yarn is Knitpicks Gloss Lace in Mermaid.

2. Trekking Is For Necking--I know the picture is sideways. The yarn is Zitron Trekking in color #143. I started this one just to have something around in the odd case I might run out of projects, but I think I'm going to go ahead and finish it. I'll probably have to print out the pattern again.

3. Branching Out #2--I'm making this from the yarn I had left over from Branching Out #1. The yarn is Twist Sock Yarn from Sunshine Yarns in Mauve Me.

4. Longhorn Socks--Yep, this is as far as I've gotten. When I was winding this yarn, I found a knot in it and got so aggravated that I set it aside. I haven't picked out a pattern yet, but I will. Maybe I'll start these while watching the Longhorns in the Fiesta Bowl.

5. Cowboys scarf--I've mostly been fiddling around with patterns for this one. I'd love to find an illusion pattern for a star. Must check Ravelry.

6. A Washcloth--I bought this yarn to do a Christmas present, but found a knot in it. I decided to do another cloth for me, and use different yarn for the gift. I've got some pumpkin patterns around here somewhere that it ought to be good for.


Two more days of work, then I'm off until Jan. 5th. I know my time off will go by wayyy to fast, but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

6 comments:

Opal said...

the peanut butter fudge looks divine! and i love how prettily the mystic waters is knitting up.

Sus said...

What a wonderful Sunday! Fudge and yarn -- sometimes the simplest things are the best!!

Bag Blog said...

The fudge looks yummy! Enjoy your time off!

Becky G said...

Thank you all!

P.S. The fudge recipe is linked in my side bar if you're interested. Just scroll down a bit.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I like the colors in that #3 one. Interesting how the multi-color yarn, knits up in distinct stripes like that. Can't wait to see what you do with the Cowboys yarnage.

Becky G said...

Thanks Patti. The yarn is dyed to stripe up like that. I love it. It makes knitting complicated looking things so easy!